Thursday, August 12, 2010

Best Wishes Card

Here is a card I created for a couple of challenges. I had this gorgeous piece of gray damask paper that I bought eons ago and wanted to use it for a wedding card. I did a monochromatic color scheme with grays and black. I almost added a gray ribbon,but decided on red for a pop of drama. I think it sets off the gray and black rather nicely and adds a bit of the unexpected.


Here is the supply list:
Cardstock- gray, pearlescent gray ,pearlescent white and black by the Paper Company
Gray damask paper- Deja Views (Sweet Romance Collection)
Stamps- bird (unknown: I bought this unmounted and it is not marked) Sentiment by Crafty Secrets
Doily by Wilton
Bling from Prima
Ribbon from Micheals


The challenges for this card are Simon Says Stamp And Show for their "things with wings' challenge and Tuesday Morning Sketches weekly sketch.


I hope you like this card, I loved making it! Please leave a comment and follow me if you have enjoyed your visit.
All the best,

6 comments:

  1. beautiful, Beautiful....BEAUTIFUL!!!

    thanks BUNCHES for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Kristi ... Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show for our very first challenge ... I hope to see you again next week :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is lovely!! I like that image and your card is so vintage. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really caught my eye. Love using black, white and red - so powerful. You've created a beautiful card. Thanks for entering this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Theses are fabulous, I Love them

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...