Thursday, January 6, 2011

Be The Change Card


Good morning! Today I'm sharing a card I made for the City Crafter Challenge Blog. The theme this week is Winter Whites. We are challenged to use white and just one other color in our creation. I chose a lovely dark teal blue. It's not really this dark and gloomy in real life. I am not a professional photographer and sometimes dark colors just don't photograph well.


All of the paper is by the Paper Studio. I embossed the white card stock with a Tom Holtz embossing folder by Sizzix. I adore them! You get a nice, deep emboss with them!
Here is the rest:
Die cut labels- Spellbinders
Die cut Butterflies- Martha Stewart craft punch
Pearls-The Paper Studio
Stamp-Rubber Stampede

Here is a little tip: The flowers I used were not the right color for my project. I grabbed one of my  Copic Markers and colored it to match my card. See the pic below:

What a great way to stretch your supplies and save money!

I am also linking this card to My Time To Craft Challenge 122 Up In The Air

Thanks for visiting today!

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Just love everything about it from the embossing to the sentiment.

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I want to try this challenge for sure. Thanks for sharing about coloring the flowers with Copics. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I love the butterflies and the sentiment
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally adorable,
    I love the butterflies .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card. A friend from Feline Playful.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this tip about coloring your flowers with a copic marker and for leaving a sweet comment on my blog! I'm now a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card - fab contrast between the white and blue! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super card Kristi x The Butterfly's are great as is your colouring tip x Thanks for sharing it with us at MTTCC this week x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card for the challenge ... thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the card thank you for the tip. I am visiting from feline playful and have become a follower x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Kristi - love your card it is absolutely beautiful thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty and elegant. Love all those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. I love the sentiment... Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So gorgeous! LOVE this so much!!
    Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...