Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hugs And Kisses Valentine Card




Today I'm posting a card that I challenged myself to make. I wanted to make a Valentine card in nontraditional colors. There is still a little red,but it is pastels for the most part. Recently, I found a website that is a wonderful resource. Penny Duncan Creations is a blog that has many cut files for your electronic cutter (Cricut,Gazelle,etc).
She has graciously offered many files that resemble Spellbinder Nestabilities. The stacked hearts I used on this card come from Penny. I am tickled pink that I can save some money on Nesties. I do own a few, but at $25 a pop,that adds up quickly!



Each layer of the heart was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and stacked with a pop dot for dismension.
 I used my new Martha Stewart heart punch for the flourished heart in the center. So pretty!
I am linking this card to the following challenges:


Thanks for stopping by today!


9 comments:

  1. WoW! Great Card! I had never heard of Penny Duncans site, I am very excited! Have been looking for some good cut files, Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did, and you did a wonderful job with "non" traditional colors. I need to blow the dust off my cricut and make something with it....I really like your card.
    ~Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, beautiful design. Thank you for playing with Speedy's Friends.


    PS love the design of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful "With Love" card

    Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya, i just popped over to catch up on your blog as i have not been this week yet,some lovely new work!

    Happy crafting!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice layering! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is fabulous! Bright & colorful, great way of Dressing Up! the sketch. Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love the layers!
    Thanks for playing with Speedy's friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty - frilly and feminine. Lovely colors too. Terrific job on the dress it up challenge. So happy you were able to join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...