Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Make A Wish

Good Morning! I've been quiet the last couple of days. My daughter has been home sick,but is better now and back to school. I have been tinkering with my blog instead of being creative in the craft room. The problem is I've never been totally satisfied with how my blog looks,and have changed it on a regular basis. I wanted a 3 column set up so I can add more stuff to the sidebars without looking too cluttered. I went back to the new templates on blogger so I could design it better without having to do too much HTML or CSS. Anyway, I hope you like the appearance of my blog and it's not too hard on the eyes.
Today I'm posting a card I made using this week's CPS Sketch 202. It's clean and went together in a jiffy. My all time favorite color combinations have been black,white and one other color,so that's what I used.

I used my new Spellbinders fancy tags dies for the focal point. I see these everywhere and love them! The patterned paper is GCD Studios. I am linking this card to the following challenges:
Scrap-Creations (red,black and white color combo)
Cupcake Inspiration Challenge 95
Sugar Creek Hollow (black,white and a splash of color)

Have a great day and as always, I appreciate each of you and your wonderful encouragement!

19 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card. I love the bold papers and the wonderful pop of red. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card. I love the colors and the placement of the sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristi, love your stylish cards as always. There's an award for you on my blog. Please stop by and have a look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striking! Love it! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super card, love the splash of red on this card and the great BG paper.
    Thanks for joining us A Sugar Creek Hollow! Hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Heide
    SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card...the colors are very nice. I love the way you used the tag for the sentiment.
    ~Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, I too love black and white with another color, especially Red! It may be a CAS card but it has a wonderful appeal, you have added just the right amount of embellies to showcase your image! Thanks for joining us this week at SCH's challenge, hope you will be joining us again next week!
    donna
    SCH Design team

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is quite stunning - beautiful background paper and the red roses and your new tags look fabulous against it. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow - hope you'll join us in the next challenge starting Saturday.
    All the best,
    Sharon, SCH-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kritie, this is gorgeous! I love the red roses and tulle. (I just bought a bunch of tulle last night and you've given me some inspiration as to how to use it.) I love the layering of the dies and the bold BG paper. This is just so beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words. I plan to zip back and check out the rest of your blog after I finish commenting. If it's all this pretty I'll be glad I did.
    Glad you could join us at Sugar Creek Hollow. Hope to see you in future challenges!
    Renee
    SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just a lovely creation of art!!! You have a great eye for patterns and textures as well as the use of the perfect embellies!!! Thanks for joining us this week at SCH. Hope to see you back again tomorrow as we begin a new challenge. Blessings, Tracy, Owner, Sugar Creek Hollow

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so stunning with that gorgeous design paper! Love the red tulle and the fabulous designer tags. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sugar Creek Hollow challenge, we hope you will come back and join us for our new challenge next Saturday!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    SCH-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that tulle and the red roses are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great colour combination and I love the fancy tags.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-creations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a cute card! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...