Friday, January 21, 2011

Thinking Of You Butterfly Card

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you are as glad to see the end of the week as I am! Today I'm sharing a card I made with some of my favorite designs and colors. I am a sucker for this gorgeous apple green paired with black and white. As a matter of fact, my craft room is this color combination. I will post pictures of my room one day soon, I just need to clean it first! I was also experimenting a technique with this card. I saw somewhere online where another card maker made a frame from her border punches by mitering the edges. I FINALLY figured out how to miter them correctly, but it didn't line up so well. If you look close, the scalloped frame of my focal image is done this way. It's not perfect, but hey, it's a handmade card and the little imperfections are what make hand crafted goods so unique.

Here is the supply list:
Card Stock- Bazzill Basics
Damask Paper- GCD Studios
Polka Dot Paper- Heidi Swapp
Stamp- Anna Griffin
Green Pearls- Dollar Bin at Micheals  (LOVE THESE!)
Scallop Border Punch- EK Success
Large Scallop Border Die- Taylored Expressions

I'm linking up this card to the following challenges:
Sketch And Stash 53 (sketch)
Top Tip Tuesday (add a sentiment)

Have an awesome weekend and thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Hi Kristi! Gorgeous card. I love those colors together too. Great job on your mitering. It does take practice. I would never have noticed though if you hadn't of pointed it out. Your cards are very beautiful. I'm glad I became a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to tell you that fly on your sidebar is c-r-e-e-p-y! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - love the color combination you used tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour combo. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love the butterfly and the colour combo.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card!!! love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, fab image & lush colour combo.

    Thank you for joining us at sketch n stash ...good luck!

    xx Lizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo lovely card! I adore all the layers and bling. Thanks for playing with us this week at TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful card,gorgeous image and such srtiking colours:)

    Thank you for joining us at sketch n stash

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowsers!!! this is gorgeous!!!
    If you downloaded the freebie from my blog, please download it again as there was a typo in it and now I have fixed it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and what gorgeous colours - I bet your craft room looks gorgeous too!
    Great idea with the corners of the edge punch - I don't try to match mine - I just use a HUGE button or like to cover the mismatch ;)

    Thanks for joining us this week for our 'All Sentimental' challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't often see an Amma Griffin stamped card, how pretty! I like those colors. I just painted my dining room in a bit more grassy color than that green, I love the way it turned out. Such a pretty card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are beautiful too Kristi!
    Have fun, crafting today!!

    hugs Elly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully elegant card, great interpretation of our sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash, Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully elegant card, great interpretation of our sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash, Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty Kristi! Perfect for the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/ Please come back on Tuesday for another brilliant tip! :)

    Maggie

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...