Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Whimsical Butterfly Thank You Card

Hi everyone!. If you are in an area that is being affected by  the snow and bad weather, please stay warm and safe! Hopefully this card will bring a dose of color to our gray and white days. I was in Micheal's this week and discovered a beautiful new line of paper by K and Company. It's called Sweet Nectar. It is really bright and cheery. I bought a 6x6 inch pad of it. I think as a card maker, that I am going to start seeking out only 6x6 or 8x8 papers. I have a HUGE stash of 12x12 papers in my craft room. The problem with a lot of them is that the patterns are way to big for a card and it just doesn't do cards justice. I like the way the papers are scaled down to accommodate the smaller paper. Just right for a card and smaller scrapbooks.






Here are my supplies:
Patterned Papers- K and Company
Card Stock- Bazzill
Stamps- Inkadinkado
Seam Binding- Etsy
Felt flower- K and Company
Paper Flowers- Taylored Expressions
Bling- Studio 18
Scalloped Circles- Cut with my Cricut- Martha Stewart Elegant cakes
Border Punch- EK Success
Markers- Copic


I am linking this up to the following challenges:
Get Sketchy 72 (sketch)
Anything Goes Challenge (butterflies)
For Fun Challenges ( spring)

Thanks for visiting today, I enjoy and appreciate your visits and comments!

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Love the bright cheerful dp. Thanks for playing with us over at For Fun this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kristi!! Your mix of papers is FANTASTIC and totally spot on to accent this magnificent butterfly. And your other embellies.. oh my! I love this!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW--that's a fabulous card. Love the ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely card great ribbons thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for playing along with us on FOr Fun, Im voting Spring also. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful! I love those papers you found, too. I've also moved to 6 x 6 and 8 x 8 paper pads too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and Spring-like! Love all the gorgeous colors and seam binding ribbon! Thanks for joining us this week at GS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors and cute card. I am a new follower and love to invite you to my blog for a custom made apron give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the bright and cheery paper and ribbon on your card. Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving the coloured seam binding ribbon you have made! Thanks for joining Anything Goes this week, K x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Great colors. I agree with you on buying the 8x8 pads. I mostly make cards and very few layouts. The smaller pads are the way to go for card makers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your card is certainly full of the joys of Spring! Thanks so much for joining us for our Winter or Spring challenge at 'For Fun' this week.

    Hugs, Ali x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your patterned paper! Very bright and cheery for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i love this! so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a stunning card, very colouful & cheery.

    Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty card! Thanks for playing at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the beautiful bright colors. sure makes you think of Spring. Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges. We love seeing all your creations. Good luck on the challenge.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card! The colors are just striking and the flowers are fantastic. Thanks for participating in this week's For Fun Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. very beautiful!!1 love the patterned papers and the image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning!! TFS! :-)

    I really enjoy visiting your blog and looking at all your creations.

    I have a Blog Award waiting for you on my website.
    http://ladybuglair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...