Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Greetings Card

Today I'm sharing a card that I made for this week's Shabby Tea Room Challenge . The inspiration is fall flowers with bonus points for making your own flowers.
Here is the inspiration picture:
I made the flower out of silk fabric. I stitched and gathered the bottom layer and made a rolled center. The same silk was used as the ruffled bottom to the card as well.
I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch as the basis for the design. I strayed a bit from it as you can see.

Supplies:
card stock- Bazzil
patterned paper- Webster's Pages
stamp- Anna Griffin
letters-chipboard cut with Elegant Cakes Cricut cartridge
pearl brads and burlap ribbon-My Mind's Eye
leaves-Prima
Pins,seam binding,twine string-my stash
Flower center-Recollections
label-Spellbinders

I am linking this card to the additional challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday (use designer papers and handmade flowers)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Kristi! So pretty! I love the flower you made - how very clever! The matching ruffle on bottom ties in beautifully. The burlap (hope that's right) adds alot of texture. Very pretty fall card. That red is really striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi this is truly gorgeous! Love the laarge bloom you added and then the word Fall under the layered scallops looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower is fantastic! And I like the addition of the matching ruffle. Super pretty Fall card. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Shabby Tea Room this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowbthis is beautiful. Love that awsome colour cmbo with red and pink and those gorgeous flowers are perfect. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. I've got candy if you're interested. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...