Sunday, June 10, 2012

Steam Punk Kitty Card

Hi readers! It's a dreary Sunday afternoon,  so I decided to while it away in the craft room. I made this card for two new to me challenges: Retro Sketch Challenge and Frilly And Funkie. This card is so far out of my comfort zone that I feel like I landed on Mars! It was fun distressing and inking.

The stamp is a new release from Stampendous and I couldn't resist him! All patterned papers are from Glitz Design's French Kiss collection. Ribbon and lace from The ribbon reel. Distress Inks, metal gears and Stickers are from Tim Holtz. Flower,twine and kraft paper from my stash. Die cut is Labels One by Spellbinders.


I hope you like today's card! Thanks for peeking and have a great Sunday night!

7 comments:

  1. wow, I would have never thought you where on Mars while creating this....lol....it is gorgeous and you are right at home....great details and I adore the distressing, one of my favorite things to do.....hope you have a fabby week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think you have found a new comfort zone, because this is fabulous! Love all the inking and distressing and that cat image is so cool! Thank you for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very COOL cat and a very COOL card Kristi! Love the warm distressed look. So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, this sophisticated kitty CRACKS ME UP! Love it and glad you stepped out of your comfort zone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just the coolest kitty around - who'd have thunk it - a steam punk kitty! Love what you've done here with your sepia tones and wonderful distressing! The genre might be out of your comfort zone, but you did a sensational job on it! So happy to know you have discovered us over at Frilly and Funkie. We're happy you joined in the fun with us for our Kraft and Twine challenge and hope you will be joining in for our latest challenge that kicked off today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous card! Wow you discovered a new comfort zone! Your distressing and inking are gorgeous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cat image is amazing - love the detail and the vintage look you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...