Monday, July 23, 2012

Bird And Burlap Happy Birthday

Good morning my lovely readers! I'm starting off this week sharing a card I made for my mother in law. I've been wanting to try a blue, kraft and white color scheme for a while. I love the soft, earthy combination: it reminds me of sea, sand and sky.
I hand rolled some burlap ribbon into a flower and topped it with a beautiful brad. I did have to use hot glue to fasten it to the card because it was so bulky!

Supply list_
Card Stock- kraft and blue-Recollections
Patterned paper- Authentique
Stamp- Magenta
Die Cuts-Spellbinders (Fleur De Lis Squares and Labels Eight)
Brown Pearls- Kaisercraft
Brad-K and Company
Burlap Ribbon- My Mind's Eye
Ribbons-May Arts,American Crafts And Martha Stewart Crafts
Inks- Frayed Burlap Distress and Frost White Colorbox


I'm Linking up to the following challenges:
Stampin' Royalty

I hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. oh how tres chic! I love the burlap flower! thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays for things with wings card challenge! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! Love the texture of the burlap with the corrugated paper and the bird image. Definately surf and sand Kristi! I love everthing about this - absolute perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work - What a fabuloushappy card! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is gorgeous!! Such talent!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, lovely design and gorgeous Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely stunning! Beautiful detail! i love this card! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card!!!! I am so glad it was picked as a favorite on Stampin' Royalty! I hope you play along with our challenges again, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bautiful card. This I would keep on top of my living room drawer for a piece of art! Love the colours!

    Nonni x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful bird card, the burlap flower gives it such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning - what a beautiful card. Love the soft colors and the fantastic details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kristi - Very interesting - your card is not unlike mine (I'm a DT at SENTIMENTALS) I LOVE your use of burlap and the image is so fine but stands out as beautiful! The burlap flower is stellar. It took much imagination to do your card. Thanks for coming to SENTIMENTALS this week. Smiles. Samara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Birds and burlap! Two things I love, in one project. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...