Monday, September 3, 2012

Autumn Colors, Autumn Leaves

 I hope everyone had a lovely Labor Day weekend! I took a little time  to create two cards for the JustRite Stampers Friday Challenge. This time around our challenge is to make a card with more than one fold. I don't usually make multi-fold cards,but boy I had a blast! I recently received a JustRite order from their fall release and have fallen in love with the Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves set. You may be seeing a lot of this set in the near future!


How over the top is this?LOL!My idea was to make a card that looks like beautiful Autumn leaves cascading down from the trees. The card construction is actually called a cascading card. I used a tutorial from this awesome blog. I stamped four each of the leaves in the Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves set in different ink colors on various card stocks and cut them out. I arranged them until I was satisfied and adhered them with ATG tape and pop dots to add dimension in certain places. Here are a few more pictures so you can see it from different angles:
Front View

Add caption

Pressed Flat

Supplies-
Card Stock-Bazzill
Stamps-JustRite Stampers (Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves,Antique Autumn Tags One)
Burlap and Bling-Hobby Lobby
Die Cuts-Spellbinders-(Antique Autumn Tags and Fancy Labels Two


Next up is a gatefold card and has a similar feel to the one above:
The twine is holding the card closed.Here is the inside:
Supplies-
Card Stock- Recollections, Bazzill
Patterned Papers- My Mind's Eye,Echo Park
Stamps-JustRite Stampers (Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves,Antique Autumn Tags One)
Die cuts-Spellbinders (Antique Tags One,Labels Ten,Labels Three,Fall Foliage)
Border Punches-EK Success
Twine and Burlap-Hobby Lobby

Thank you for visiting today! 

Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh... this is just so gorgeous! I love it! Both are brilliant but I prefer the second one. Stunning projects!

    Have a nice and blessed day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous love both of them and the colors it truly representing Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fabulous. I love using burlap too. It gives such great texture and it is so perfect with all those gorgeous leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! These are gorgeous...both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning colors. Love the burlap texture! Lots of folds and very fun cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love this! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOA -- used that word & STUNNING (both sooo appropriate HERE) many times since I got home & could comment today -- both GORGEOUS cards & great folds! Just have to say, sure GLAD I don't have to judge this challenge!!! I think over the top is just PERFECT TOO!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats ! This is such an original project, it really is a winner !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...