Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy Anniversary

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone's weekend is going well. I'm still going strong after everyone else has gone to bed!  The older I get, the more I enjoy staying up late. The night time hours are just so quiet and peaceful. I feel like it's stolen time and a little thrilling to be up and totally free to do what I want.

Having said that, I did get to make a card for the City Crafter Challenge Blog. This week's challenge is to use book paper. I remembered that I had some old pages from a French book I bought on Etsy a while back. The papers are aged yellowed and brittle, perfectly vintage. I stamped directly on it and tore the edges carefully for the worn look. I haven't added ANY inks or distressing, it's perfect the way it is.

The rest of the papers are from the French Kiss Collection by Glitz Design. The sentiment stamp is by JustRite Stamps(large fancy sentiments set) .The main image stamp is by  Rubber Stampede (are they around anymore?) Check out that metal flower! I found it on clearance at Mike's in the jewelry supplies section. I also need to mention the yummy silk ribbon by May Arts. Oh my gosh, this ribbon is just the best and makes perfect bows. I recently splurged and stocked up on several yards in several colors.

I'm also linking up to 52 Card pickup Challenge over at The Old Back Porch.

I hope you like today's card and I appreciate you coming by!

12 comments:

  1. this IS perfect! Absolutely gorgeous, and oh so french!!!! I love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love vintage! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. Love the colors, the ribbon and that big silver flower. We are the opposite. I am an early to bed (by 11) and then up by 4 kind of person and love my morning time just for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous....love how you used an actual book!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a beautiful, elegant looking card ... beautifully done ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is gorgeous!!! You do this style very well. I agree with you, the ribbon is fantastic and the image well chosen. Just a beautiful card!
    Shanna
    p.s. I am with you on the staying up late - all quiet and nobody to make demands... only problem is it throws off my morning routine so I really can't do it often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love your shabby style! It's so soft and pretty. THanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. What a gorgeous card. Such a beautiful design. So glad you joined us over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful, I love how soft and romantic it looks too, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy smokes, this one's GORGEOUS with a capital everything! I LOVE it!! You're right, the page from the book didn't need a thing done to it, it's perfect just as it is. And that flower on the bow (oh, the lovely bow) is so perfect for the finishing touch. You tie the prettiest bows... Thanks for sharing another gorgeous creations! (I'm with you about staying up late - I have to force myself to go to bed, usually between midnight and 1:00 a.m.) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...