Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sentimental Sundays-I Thank My Lucky Stars For You

Good Sunday morning everyone! This post is a special one because it's my first as a member of the design team at Sentimental Sundays! I am honored and excited to be a part of a wonderful group of artists. There's a new challenge every Sunday so I hope you will come over and play along this week.
 This week's sponsor is Chickydoddle, which is a wonderful shop filled with all sorts of crafting supplies,from gorgeous washi tapes to baker's twine. The winner of this challenge will receive a grab bag worth $50.00!

The challenge this week is to create a card featuring  negative space and of course, add a sentiment! An example of negative space would be to use the space left over from die cutting a piece of card stock as I did in my card below.


I used my Cricut to cut three stars from card stock and used some sweet little washi tapes from Chickydoddle on a separate piece of card stock and attached it to the back so you see the design through the stars. That was then mounted onto the card base with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment, added a piece of the tape across the top, wrapped twine around and tied it in a bow and added  a button to finish it off .

Supplies~~
card stock- Papertrey Ink
stamp- Hero Arts
washi tape-Chickydoddle
twine-my stash
button-Tim Holtz

I hope you'll join us this week over at Sentimental Sundays and check out what the super talented design team came up with and add your own creation!


16 comments:

  1. So fun! Love all that washi tape and so fun to have it peeking through the stars! fun colour combo too! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is wonderful and beautiful your work, congratulations. Kisses from Spain.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool card. Love how you did it. I checked out Chickydoddle's shop too. She has some neat stuff. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations....wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristi,
    So glad to have you on the SS design team! Great card. Love your sentiment.
    Tameko

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the negative space on your card and those Washi colors are some of my favorites. Happy to be on this design team with you and look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please do not tell me that I will become addicted to washi tape..... I really do not believe I can add one more crafty supply to my bulging shelves..... fabric and paper crafts seem to compete with each other for space.

    Seriously though - your card creation is adorable! You have inspired me for Valentine's cards!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to have you with us at Sentimental Sundays.
    Your card is stunning and I love how you layered the three colors together.
    The stars and sentiment are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the effect of the cut outs and the washi layer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute card - love the cut outs. Haven't gotten on the washi tape bandwagon yet....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the team Kristi! Your negative space creation is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Love the look of the Washi tape behind the stars. Welcome to the team, so glad to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to use negatives...this is a fun creation you have inspired and enticed us with! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your card is amazing. Love the stars.
    welcome to the team - nice to have you on board
    Big hugs
    doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this Kristi & you've used one of my favourite colour combos :)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...