Monday, February 25, 2013

You're So Special To Me

Good Monday morning! It's wet and dreary here in Georgia this morning, it has been such a wet winter! I know it's good for the plants and come August, not a drop of rain will fall for weeks here.

And now for something completely different! I made this card for CASE Study this week. For those who visit regularly you know this is so *not* the kind of card I make! It still took over an hour to complete, mostly because it started out as one thing and turned into something else. I guess CAS cards are just as hard as layered cards! I did get to use some new MME papers from the Collectable line.


Oh my gosh I was so tempted to put more on this card,but I resisted! Here is the inspiration card:
How lovely is that?

Supplies-
card stock- Papertrey Ink
patterned papers, enamel dots-My Mind's Eye
Stamp-Hero Arts

Thanks for stopping by to see and have a great week!!



14 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this card Kristi! The first thing I said when this came up in my reader is "this is so out of her normal style". I think you have found a new style as you totally rocked this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how hard it is to do single layer cards, for me it seems the simpler it is the more I agonize over it. I always envy those people who can make simple cards look so amazing, so Kristi, I'm green with envy ! This is so perfect! I think that it is equally as beautiful as the multi layered cards you're so good at. LOVE IT !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, definitely not your normal style. I love the soft simpleness of the card, its like a perfect sweet quick hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! I know it is so hard to do a clean and simple card for me. I love to pile on the bling and whatever else I can fit on it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool--great technique!!! This is super CAS for your normal style--looks great!! Have a super day!

    SB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to think
    CAS cards were so simple...till I made one... Boy, oh boy, they are harder than they look!
    You did a great job and it is a striking looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on this CAS card, Kristi! I know what you mean about CAS taking us longer than we think it should (I'm the exact same way) - I think half the time is spent trying to hold back on adding more! LOL! But this is a fabulous card and I love the half circles - they add much energy to this deceptively simply, but quite lovely, card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your approach! From the colors to the papers! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an AWESOME card, Kristi!!! I'm totally lifting it!!!! Love it, love it, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card! Love the paper piecing! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great design...love the addition of the pearls! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...