Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Celebrate!

Hi my lovely readers! Today's card was made for two challenges:  The awesome sketch at Cardabilities and the lovely inspiration at The Ribbon Reel. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use some more purple. It's a color that I love, but never seem to make any cards out of it. I'm trying to figure out why I have so much purple card stock, but hardly any patterned papers in my stash.Hmmmm...
This patterned paper is by Webster's Pages. It's a 12x12 sheet, so the pattern is a little big. I made all of the flags by folding paper and washi and notching the ends with my scissors. So easy and no dies required!

I love this picture!
Here's what I used~~
card stock-Papertrey Ink
patterned papers,ivory and blue lace-Webster's Pages
stamp-unknown
washi-MME and Recollections
white flower-Prima
small flowers-Recollections
white nd cream seam binding-Hug Snug
butterfly punch-Martha Stewart
pins on flags-Webster's Pages


Thanks for coming by!

18 comments:

  1. Holy moly, I love that purple card.....wow, breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You smart cookie!! Great idea for the flags! Thanks for sharing...I must use it on a card soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fabulous card. I love the purple, gorgeous embellies and beautiful design. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your lush layered cards, this one is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love your design as I always do! :) Thanks for the idea for the flags, I want to try it, I don't own a die-cutting machine so this will be perfect for me. Have a good end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love the way you found a way to use the washi tape. Neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful use of the inspiration photo Kristi! Love your butterflies on the stick pin pennants! Thank you for joining us at The Ribbon Reel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card, congrats on being featured :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to laugh, I also love purple, have lots of CS and almost no purple DP! So,of course I adore this card! The purple is yummy,but all the details you added are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So elegant! Love the cluster of flowers and fun idea to make the banner from washi tape, I've been looking for something to do with all the wahsi I'm hoarding. Very pretty creation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful...love all those layers, and how perfect for the challenges...I hardly have any purple DS paper either....very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning Kristi - such a beautiful card. I really love the banner and adore the way you added those cute little flags coming out of the flower. Fabby! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristi you never disappoint - drop dead gorgeous my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! That is fantastic, Kristi! Woo-who! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooooh, love the purple, love the ribbon flower, and everything that is with it! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE that ribbon flower! and such gorgeous colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...