Sunday, April 7, 2013

Fabulous!!

Hi my sweet friends! I hope you're having a great weekend, we're doing fine here! I think spring heard my pleas and decided to visit today! We had warm temps and I saw my first rose bud on the bushes. Can't wait for the profusion of red blooms in the backyard!
A quick share today, I'm typing this live after midnight here and I'm getting bleary eyed. I made this card today for the Unscripted Sketch Challenge. I wasn't going to do anything today in the craft room,but I saw this sketch and thought it would make a cute card.
All of the patterned papers are from the Vintage Bliss line from Simple Stories.  The papers in this collection are gorgeous!  I really like this weird taupey gray polka dot paper:The darkness of it really reigns in the bright,saturated colors in the other papers. I found some card stock in my stash that matches the background color perfectly. I added it to a white base because it's too lightweight to stand on it's own. The flower was a free cut file from the Silhouette store last week, I think. The center brad is from American Crafts.I broke out some enamel dots and went nuts! LOL. The sentiment stamp is by Heidi Swapp, bought at Micheal's.
As always, if you ever have any questions on any of my cards, please feel free to leave it in the comments or send an email using the 'contact me' button on the menu bar at the top of the page. I will do my best to answer you promptly. Also, if you would like to keep track of my latest projects, please feel free to follow me via Google Friend Connect, email subscription, or on Bloglovin'. all of those are located on the sidebar to the right.
Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow!

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love all the colour combos.you are such a brave cardmaker...you take chances and it pays off. I always think of your paper combos as on the latest edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worth going into the craft room to make this card! Too sweet! And your paper description made me chuckle "Weird taupey gray". Lol.

    Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, maybe it's a pecan color? mushroom? LOL That's what happens when I blog half asleep!♥☺

      Delete
  3. love these papers and colors! The flower is so sweet and those enamel dots really added a nice, finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the colors, that gorgeous flower and my favorite embellishment, enamel dots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGEE, so beautiful. I've been eyeing that paper and now I must have it!
    Your flower is so pretty with that fabby brad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. simply beautiful - great colours as well
    Big hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really is a gorgeous paper collection - the 'taupey grey' polka dot paper is really cool...however, anything polka dot rocks in my books! I love the depth and dimension that you have created on your card - especially with that stunning flower. Thank you so much for sharing your talent and creativity with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    Don't forget that next week is our 4th Blog-iversary and there might just be some extra little surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! So love those papers, very pretty! Sweet design and fab flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful colors, fab card! The grey looks great with the pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodnes, I am drooling this is so fabulous!!! I just love everything, the flowers, the layers, the gorgeous paper! Yummmmm! Gotta get me soma dat paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully done...such pretty papers, and great job of layering them, awesome flower, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the heck out of this one. That background color is interesting and really does a gorgeous number on the brighter colors, which set it off perfectly! LOVE the flower and the enamel dots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just fabulous Kristi! Your big blossoms are always stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo, look how fun this is! You rocked this challenge...those papers are amazing, as is that flower! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome - loving all your layers! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that pretty brad and the enamel dots ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely layering, those enamel dots really make the dots stand out. I love polka dots, so this one is definitely one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...