Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fleur De Lis Happy Birthday...

I have a card to share today that I made for the Friday Challenge at JustRite Stamps. We are challenged to make something with a window. I don't think I've ever attempted a window card before, but it was fun to try!

This was a bit challenging to photograph, so that you can see the window. Here are a few more angles:

The first thing I did was, using a Labels 4 Spellbinder die, position it in the middle of the card and cut it out. I then took two corresponding Imperial Gold Labels Four dies and embossed around the cut out. I used low tack tape to keep them in place. I used white card stock,so the embossing was beautiful,but I wanted to bring it out more. I took a Versamark pearlescent blue ink pad and inked the front of the card. It hit the high spots of the embossing and the debossing remained white.  After the ink dried, I stamped the fleur de lis from the Bon Voyage set  by eyeballing it with precision (*snicker*) in the middle of the window.I colored some of the image to define the fleur de lis.I used the corner scroll from the Vintage Oval Labels Set and stamped it in all four corners.I cut a small label from Labels Four and stamped a birthday sentiment and small fleur de lis from  Fleur De Lis Labels 20. I embellished the rest as shown in the pictures.

I hope you enjoyed today's card. As always, if you ever have any questions,please email using the contact me tab at the top. It will take you to my profile. Just click the "contact me". Thanks for stopping in today!

23 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! I love that beautiful blue colour...I have to make a sympathy card...It is for a friend who leaves my cards up on her mantle forever...so i thought i would do a card like this and write on the back...that way she is not seeing the words to upset her.

    I may just have to use you for inspiration girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Kristi. Love how the debossed areas stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just gorgeous hun!!! Love the big blue gem!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eyeballing with precision...lol.

    Beauty of a card! Really like the ink you applied. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty....love those colors (my bike is light teal and grey!). Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous!!! Love your window card and the dies used to create it! Gorgeous color and beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful! Love that shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristy, just love love love this card. You nailed the challenge for sure! I love the stamp that is revealed. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so beautiful. I have noticed more details with each shot. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ~Shawnie B.
    www.CardsByShawnie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE the FUN color and the way you added the touch of sparkle, such a FUN Design!! I LOVE your take on the Window Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Gorgeous! I love how you embossed the ornate label shape and then inked it. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! I like the soft colors! Great technique! Something else for me to put on my wish list to try...tfs...

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely gorgeous!! The colors are beautiful and I love, love the design!! What a stunning card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow so Beautiful!! Love the soft colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful and elegant and serene. I love the monochromatic nature of it, plus the lovely embossing and subsequent inking. And you made a PERFECT window!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous card.....love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous window card...love~love the color....beautiful details...have a nice week my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my. This is absolutely stunning. I love how you used the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. GORGEOUS Kristi! The perfect combination of colors and dies (as always)! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What Sheri said DOUBLED!!! This is another STUNNER!!!
    I'd swear I already left a comment on this lovely piece -- WOW, it has been a crazy mixed-up in the brain kind of week! I remember showing this to Hubby and commenting on it's loveliness (as did he!) and then obviously got sidetracked -- ugh! Sooo glad I came back to check that I'd commented.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I keep coming back and looking at this, and I still don't know what to say. The way you used those dies, well, WOW! This card is subtle, yet detailed. It's really special! Gosh, I'd like to take a tour in your brain! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kristi, you've struck gold with that color combo of soft blue and grey. Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...