Saturday, April 27, 2013

Glad Day With You

Happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is going great! I'll be doing a little rearranging in my craft room today. I recently purchased a new work table from Ikea  and today's the day I'm  finally going to drag it out of the box and put it together! Wish me luck! LOL
Today's card is for two challenges combined: Freshly Made Sketches and Colour Q.



I stayed pretty true to the sketch and the Colour Q color combination is just too hard to resist! I used a wonder floral paper from My Mind's Eye as the base pattern. The small pink paper is also MME and the green is from American Crafts. The chipboard sentiment is by October Afternoon. I added on to the sentiment with some stickers from Tim Holtz.The ribbon is Hug Snug seam binding and American Crafts. The sparkly thing in the middle of the bow is a flower center by Prima. And last but not least, SEQUINS! Oh my gosh I love them and could use them on every card! I am such a magpie!

Thanks for coming by to visit today! Have a great day. I'll be back tomorrow with a new Sentimental Sundays challenge!

 

15 comments:

  1. So very pretty. That background paper is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love your flower and sequin sprinkles:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great papers and sweet sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh. This card is really pretty. I love all the papers you choose and that ribbon embellishment is Fab!!! Good luck putting the new table together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! Love the bling. Good luck with your new craft table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright and beautiful! Lovin' those sequins - perfect pops of color! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card Kristi! I love that combination of papers!!! Those sequins are perfect! I think I need to get me some!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another DELIGHTFUL creation, Kristi! LOVE those sequins, I must start using mine! If you're a magpie, then I'm your sister! This card is absolutely delicious, and you nailed both the sketch and the color challenge! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty with lovely paper, gorgeous bow and sequins! I must try using sequins some time soon! They add such a perfect touch to your card! Have a great weekend, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! I love that paper with the ranunculus on it, I've never seen it before and it is a gorgeous b'ground on your card. I have tons of sequins and have never used even one, so I love seeing how you use them on your cards. They certainly wouldn't suit what I've been making lately, but when I get back to making pretty (hopefully)cards, you have inspired me to try them out.
    You always do the most brilliant job with sketches, I love seeing how you take a simple line drawing and turn it into a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful colors, the sequins really add a fun touch. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous!!!! Love your use of the sequins...I "need" to get some...such pretty spring colors and you did the sketch perfectly...good luck on the challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun card, Kristi, love the fun papers and the mix of elements! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so pretty!! love the sequins! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...