Sunday, April 28, 2013

His Love Made Her Happy..... Sentimental Sundays And Just Some Lines

Happy Sunday! Another Sunday means a new challenge at Sentimental Sundays! This week, we're doing something totally different! The challenge is to create a small canvas or mixed media piece! I know it may be out of our comfort zones, but if I can do it so can you! You really don't need anything special for this; your card making supplies will suffice!
I bought a 4x4 inch white canvas at Michael's. It was 2 in a pack for about $5. I did a base coat of pink with some acrylic paint (you could also use an ink pad ).After that dried, I used a damask stencil and sprayed with a gold shimmer mist. you can see it because I covered it with embellishments! Ooops!  Our sponsor this week, Just Some Lines digital stamps, provided me with this lovely image to work with. I colored her with Copics and cut her out and glued her to the canvas using white glue. You can use Elmer's, Tombow,or Mod Podge for this step. I then went back and brushed white glue over the entire canvas to seal it.After it dried, I  dabbed white ink around the edges for a distressed look.Finally I embellished as shown, using hot glue to secure. Easy peasy and so much fun! I'm going to hang this little work of art in my craft room.
click on pic to go





I hope you'll consider stepping outside the usual  and taking a walk with us as we explore mixed media this week at Sentimental Sundays!  I can't wait to see what you create!

I'm also linking this up to Simon Says Stamp And Show

14 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Canvas is so out of my comfort zone but you rocked this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW AMAZING, Kristi!!! You really created a beautiful piece of art!
    Have a great day!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! It has some of my favorite elements...the pink roses, pretty lady,and mostly made with my favorite color PINK! Thank you so much for sharing the step by step info on how you made this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pinks, and i can just see a hint of gold. Lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! I love the flower corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful canvas, I love her hair and the cluster of flowers and butterfly are gorgeous. Beautiful design. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh Kristi, this is fabulous!!!! Love the pretty colors, and a fantastic image...it all just came together so well....I think this just might be what I need to get me going again...thanks for sharing this masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I love the colors you used and I feel it is just a all around sweet piece of art work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...Looks like you have done this before. This is stunning. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so pretty! Love it!

    Sandy S
    (Sentimental Sundays teamie)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You rocked the MM. It is totally out of my comfort zone! It's popping up everywhere these days, I think you have another direction of talent you didn't know about! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kristi,

    You did a fabulous job with this challenge!!! I love all the embellishments and texture.

    Tameko

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...