Monday, April 8, 2013

It's Shabby Spring Time At The Shabby Tea Room!

Happy Monday! I have the honor of being this week's guest designer at The Shabby Tea Room! This week's theme is "Shabby Spring". Make a creation using the picture below as your inspiration and make it shabby!


Here is my take on the inspiration:
 I bought this wooden doily at Micheal's. I layered it over a paper doily and used the flowers in the inspiration to make a cluster of paper flowers,tulle trim and seam binding. I finished it off with a cameo stick pin and vintage looking button. It looked top heavy after, so I added a couple of trims to the bottom.

I hope you've been inspired to hop on over to The Shabby Tea Room and join us this week! I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks you so much for visiting!

10 comments:

  1. Morning Kristi,

    stunning card - love your style. Looks always so amazing.
    Big hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning!!!! I knew you would create a masterpiece, and you did!!! Love the idea of the wood doily, you have once again enabled me...lol...congrats to you for being the guest designer..such a lovely honor....heading over to the tea room to leave some "love" there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally great! The hugs sentiment fits it well since the card warms the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Kristi, that top corner with flowers looks just amazing! I love the colors too. If you are interested, I'm hosting a challenge this week at Digi Sketch, your card would fit perfectly to our theme.

    http://digisketchchallenge.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty!! I love the doilies, and the beautiful cluster of flowers! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another scrumptious creation! Love the nosegay at the top with the delightful pin and tulle giving additional interest, and you balanced it perfectly with the added trim at the bottom. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meant to add congrats on being Guest DT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristi: Your art is simply stunning. It's complex but yet not overdone, and just SO original and sweet. I would simply LOVE to have you share your talents with us by playing along in our challenges (each week is Anything Goes and new challenges start each Wednesday). It would be an honor to have you share your talents with us. Thanks for the inspiration, and may God bless you as you create and share.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Kristi and so so shabby! The cameo stick pin is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is such a pretty card and I love the doily!

    Vic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...