Thursday, April 11, 2013

Miss You

Happy Thursday! Tonight is going to be a bit stormy,we're buckling down and getting ready for a lot of rain. If you are in the path of these storms, please stay safe and dry!
 I worked on today's card for two days off and on, I had trouble with the color combination. I originally wanted to do lime green on navy blue, but my blue paper wasn't dark enough and it was too late to run to Mike's for a sheet. So, I made do with lime green and black! My daughter gave it her seal of approval, so I went with it.
I made this for the current JustRite Friday Challenge. It's a sketch challenge this week.


I used the Secret Garden background stamp on the base. I loved this stamp the minute I saw it! The frame and sentiment are from the Vintage Banners set. See the little birdie in the background? I used him to prop another card up and I liked him so much I decided to leave him in for the photo shoot! :)

Supplies-
card stock- Papertrey Ink
dies-Spellbinders (Ovals, JustRite branded Vintage Labels and Banners)
edge punch-EK Success
small black jewels,large black jewel-Recollections
seam binding ribbon-Hug Snug

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

13 comments:

  1. WOW, Kristie...this is gorgeous! Love the elegant feel of this. Hope you stay safe tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like your daughter has a good eye for stunning cards! Do I see a future card maker? :)

    Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - so elegant
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...so pretty...love it! Yes, lots of rain here. Take care and stay safe, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors together. The card really pops!! My daughter loves lime green so she thinks your card is great, and so do I.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic, fresh and new color scheme! Who would have thought to put those two together - I LOVE it! This card is gorgeous and I imagine your daughter WOULD approve. I know I sure would (and DO)! Love the different layers and patterns, and that bow as usual is knock your socks off gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW -- PURE ELEGANCE -- no wonder your DD LOVED it!!! My screen makes it look more yellow than lime, but it's not a bad thing at all. Though I have to admit I LOVE lime and most green shades. I've been crazy busy and sooo far behind on commenting, let alone designing anything -- SIGH! Do hope to have a card for this challenge before Wednesday's end time - HEE! Sure be tough to beat this one though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. I especially love the ribbon and button!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty...and I agree with your daughter.."it's a go"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH so pretty! Love those new stamps! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful. I love the heat embossing on that background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally got mine done, so I can look at all the other entries. I'm so jealous! That is the most gorgeous BG stamp,and it looks so elegant on your card. I really love how the punched piece looks, it does a great job drawing the eye to the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...