Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Wedding Cake Card

Good morning my friends! I hope you are well today. My cousin is getting married this weekend and this is the card I made for the new couple. I was inspired by their wedding invitation. It's black and dark pink. I am assuming this will be their wedding colors,so I thought a matching card would be pretty.



I originally planned to use some patterned papers on this card,but they just looked too busy and jumbled for some reason. I decided to just go with card stock. You can't see it in the picture unfortunately, but I glittered the white panel with clear,sparkly glitter.
The stamp comes from a set from Heidi Grace that I found on clearance for 97 cents! I used dies from the Spellbinders set Opulent ovals. Of course, no card of mine is complete without ribbon and flowers!LOL

I'm going to link this card up to the current challenge at Just Us Girls

Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love those opulent ovals. I need to put them on the top of my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! Love the colors and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, This is a gorgeous Wedding card..your cousin....will love that you incorporated it with the invitation theme! Wonderful job with our challenge over at Just Us Girls! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Kristi. Pink and black always works so well together. Enjoy the wedding. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and I love the colors! I have the hardest time making wedding cards. So I usually buy them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I think that embossed b'ground really adds a lot of elegance, and I love the little heart you put with the flowers. You always add the most wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card I am sure they treasure forever!! A beautiful use of the pink and black..pretty flowers and ribbon and how creative to think to add the glitter heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely frame around the focal image. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous, Kristi! Lovely frame around the sweet beautiful wedding cake! And, very pretty flowers and heart, too! I'm sure your cousin will love this elegant wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful keepsake for your cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the embossing. And the beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a stunning card. What a great colour combo they shose for their wedding. Bet they loved your card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...