Saturday, May 18, 2013

Friends Are Kind To Each Others' Hopes

Happy Saturday! We awoke this morning to heavy rain and lots of thunder! My little calico cat is in hiding somewhere under a bed and my dog is hanging out at my feet, trembling. Poor babies! I wish I could make them understand!
Today's card is for the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge. They have a really great sketch and I just had to play!

I took a little creative license with it to suit the stamp and paper I wanted to use. All of the patterned papers are from the Porcelain Rose line by Kaisercraft. I can't resist a pretty bird! The stamp is by Inkadinkado. I stamped it in blue ink and cut it out. I added a little Webster's Pages trim to it along with some cream seam binding. The pink pearls and resin rose are the finishing touches.

Thanks for visiting me today! Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Kristi, this is such a sweet card. i love the calm feel of it. Your patterned papers are coordinated very well. Lovely and timeless. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...so lovely! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, perfect card for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the bird image and I love the trim at the bottom of the sentiment panel. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sentiment! I had a die-cut one with that saying! It makes a beautiful focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. The sentiment is really speaking to me right now, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Kristi! I love your use of the patterned paper! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty...you are always so good at sketches!! We sure need rain here, but guess we are to get a whopper of a storm on Monday...so my animals will be hiding, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kristi,
    I follow your post from Freshly Made Sketches, cuz I needed a closer look at your card. And boy and I glad I did! Your card is very stunning! I love the feel of your card, it's kind of vintage, but romantic too. Not romantic as in w/ a man & woman, but the feel of all your embllies. Love your bird DSP! Love it all! Great job!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KristyLee! I wasn't able to respond to you via email,so I'm responding here in case you see it. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a sweet comment!

      Delete
  10. Arrggg! You make me so jealous. You make turning a sketch into something beautiful look so easy. I am trying to learn from you by paying closer attention to the sketch challenges that you do, but it's a lost cause. I'll just stick to drooling over yours !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Shona summed up my thoughts well! How do you make great cards all the time?!

    I so enjoy visiting your blog and seeing your creations...you are truly inspirational!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. I love that designer paper with all those fabulous embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...