Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Best!

Good morning friends! I have a little card to share today based on the May sketch over at the My Mind's Eye blog. It was definitely a challenge to interpret it into a card that even remotely resembled the sketch. As card makers, we don't have a lot of room to work with!
I'm still having a blast working with the Up And Away paper line. My paper pad is getting thin and I may actually use everything up! I let the paper design do some of the work for me in providing the background elements in the sketch and I took some artistic license and added some things. That's what I love about sketches, you can use them as a jumping off point and them add your own creativity.

That's all for today, I'm off to some appointments this morning! Have an awesome day and thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. SO pretty...love all those papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Beautiiful!! I LOVE the stamped arrow border and all the yummy layers!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cheerful and pretty...love your take on the sketch!! Wow...I am impressed if you use up a paper pad entirely....I really need to do that, and I just bought 4 new ones...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please buy a new pad! I am enjoying all the cards you are making with it! :)

    The arrow border is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um gee...love the papers and what you did with the sketch. I would be scratching my head on that one, but I love your approach to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ! I have had those papers on my wish list ever since I first saw them online, but now that I see how gorgeous they are in use, I'm going to have to actively try to find some. Hmm... Then again, you make everything look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all the geometric designs are very appealing. and that bow is so cute
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again, well, must say this is my another favorite too! :) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WooHoo ! Congrats Kristi ! MME knows a winner when they see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! You did a great job with the interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is that, 7 or 8 different patterned papers? NOBODY mixes patterns as well as you do. This card is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...