Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Colorful Birthday Card

Good morning! I hope this Saturday finds you well and having a great weekend so far.
  I've spent the last couple of days flat on my back! I overexerted myself last weekend doing some gardening and yard projects.On Thursday morning, I bent over to get some laundry out of the dryer and boom! my back decided to quit and I've been down for the count! I'm feeling better today, I hope I can get back to normal soon! It really stinks getting old!
 I do have a colorful card to show you today. It's going into my birthday card stash as there are some coming up and I need a few on hand.
I broke out my Vintage Bliss papers by Simple Stories. I absolutely love this line! The colors are just so pretty! The stamp is from Papertrey Ink as well at the matching die. I did some two tone embossing to make it a little interesting.  I used this week's Deconstructed Sketch as the starting point.

Supplies-
card stock,stamps-Papertrey Ink
patterned papers-Simple Stories
seam binding-Hug Snug
green silk ribbon-May Arts
felt flower-K&Company
butterfly punch-Martha Stewart Crafts

Thanks for stopping by today! See you again soon!



17 comments:

  1. That olive green looks amazing with all those fun brights. Lovely birthday card. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful take on a sketch! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS ! This card has such a happy feeling! The colours are gorgeous. Sorry to hear about your back. You're right, getting old sucks! I have a TENS machine for my back when it acts up, and it really helps. Hope you are back in full swing soon, it's so hard to stay out of the garden at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card, Kristi - I love olive green as an accent for florals, and as always, the Deconstructed sketch is fab - I'm going to have a go at it later this evening!! Hope your back is feeling better now.

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I like that shade of green you used. Sorry to hear about your back. Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man I hope you get back to feeling good soon! That stinks! Your card is amazing! I love love the felt flowers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So So So cute~I love the Simple Stories mixed with the PTI, One of my fav papers too :-) I sure hope your back feels batter soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. I am sorry to hear about your back. I really hope you are 100% again soon.

    Lovely card, Kristi! Really like the green you chose. And the felt flower is so happy!

    Feel better!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very colorful gorgeous card! Love the pretty felt flower and ribbons! Sorry to hear about your back. I've been there myself with back pain...no fun! I do hope you get to feeling better very soon...take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card - the florals are so pretty. I have back issues too so I feel your pain. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME with a capital "A"!! Love the colours hun!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouch!!!! I wondered where you had been, I had been thinking you were busy creating some wonderful goodies to submit somewhere...couldn't of been more wrong, could I??? Hope you feel better soon....and your card is beyond lovely...gorgeous colors, and loving the pretty flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kristi, love the card again! The two tone embossing does give it an interesting look, and the paper is fab! I'm going to have to head over to Papertrey Ink to check out the stamp and die too. That felt flower is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also wanted to say I hope you are feeling better. Maybe you got some reading time? Or watched a few good movies? Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is wonderful! It will definitely put a smile on the face of whoever receives it! Thanks for joining us for DS103!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! I like your Happy card with it's cheery colors! Hope you are feeling much better today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really beautiful card! Love the colors. I hope your back is better -I know what a serious back pain is and it's so awful, it has an effect for everything! I hope you are fine now. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...