Sunday, July 14, 2013

Happy Birthday

Happy Sunday! I hope this post finds you well and having an awesome weekend. We're dodging rain again today. It's been so rainy and horrible this summer! I guess I shouldn't complain:our garden is looking beautiful!
Today, I'm sharing a birthday card I made for my Mother In Law.
One of her favorite colors is yellow, so I incorporated it into the color scheme. It's not my favorite color to work with, really. I don't know why I dislike yellow,  I prefer dark gold and mustard shades.  I used the sketch from this week's Mojo Monday sketch:
Supplies~~
card stock-Papertrey Ink
patterned papers-Authentique (Be (you) tiful collection)
stamps-sentiment-Stampabilities
            butterflies-Glitz Design
flower-Prima
large yellow sunburst sequin-my stash
velvet button-Jolee's
seam binding-Hug Snug
twine-Americacn Crafts
label die-Spellbinders
pearls-Recollections

I would like to take a moment and thank everyone for their recent visits and sweet comments! It's been a busy week here! I like to respond to your comments personally by email, but some of you are "no reply bloggers" meaning,  you have not chosen to link an email to your Blogger account. If that's by design, no worries, but I would like you to know that I read every comment and am honored and flattered by them!
If you would like to link an email to Blogger, I found a tutorial here that explains it very clearly.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by to visit!


13 comments:

  1. So soft and feminine, Kristi...this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card, Kristi! Such lovely colors, embellishments and accents. Your MIL will love it!

    Hope today is a nice day for you. C'mon sun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, beautiful card and your MIL will love it. I totally agree about yellow. I am more of a mustard yellow kinda girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful Kristi...of course i m a bit biased, i love yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely.....I had to go look for that birthday sentiment, it's so pretty! She will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may not like yellow, but you use it beautifully! Your layers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soft and pretty....she will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card...so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous bday card for your MIL!, so soft and pretty! I'm sure she will appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very feminine card. I adore that flower too. I'm sure your MIL loved it. Trying to catch up with reading blogs. I've been sooooo behind with everything since May.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can just imagine how much your MIL appreciated this beauty!! Love the yellow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...