Wednesday, July 31, 2013

JustRite August Release-Holly Frame Background

Good morning and welcome to another day of the August release from JustRite Papercraft. We have a bit more Christmas  cheer to spread today as we feature two new background stamps, Christmas Holly Stripes and Holly Frame. My project  features the Holly Frame stamp.
I started this card by creating a 5x7 inch card base from card stock and adding two coordinating patterned papers that meet in the middle. I then stamped my background stamp onto vellum with white ink and embossed it with white embossing powder. I used a Classic Oval Spellbinder die to cut out the center and create a window. Since most adhesives can bee seen through vellum, I attached it to a red card stock piece with brads at each corner. I backed the window with patterned paper and layered it onto the card base with foam tape. I die cut two borders from red and green card stock using an A2 Scalloped Borders die. I layered them together,then attached them  just underneath my vellum/card stock panel. I then added a piece of scalloped lace on the top of the paper scallops.Using Vintage Christmas Ornaments(July release), I stamped a small ornament on mint green card stock and embossed it in white. I die cut it with the matching die from 2012 Heirloom Ornaments and adhered it to the center of the oval frame with foam dots. I finished the card by embellishing the rest as shown and stamping a sentiment from the Festive Poinsettias stamp set (July release). and attaching it to the ribbon  with red and white twine.


Don't forget to visit these members of the JustRite design team to see the beautiful projects they've made for you today:


 I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Please join us again tomorrow, we have more fabulous stamp sets to show you! Have an awesome day!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the pinecones. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a beautiful card and stamp, you enabler you...lol...I love the JustRite background stamps, and this one is gorgeous...stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card made by you. I like the white embossing on the vellum...Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I love vellum, and it is fantabulous on this card! I was almost afraid to see what you made, as I'm trying to avoid temptation re:Xmas stamps, and you make everything so darn beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this card and am sorely tempted to flat out copy you, but that would never do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free! I'm here for your inspiration!

      Delete
  6. You had me at the ribbon treatment! ohhhh so gorgeous girl! The beautiful embossing is so delicate and makes this a gem of a winter wonderland! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. So in love with the aqua/ red combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING Christmas card -- WOW!!! LOVE every sweet little detail -- brilliantly clever creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy, I love that white and red ribbon!! ...and it looks stunning with the turquoise seambinding. This card is really a work of art - so much detail done in perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always forget to use vellum, and this gorgeous card has inspired me to drag it out and give it a whirl. This is so beautiful and full of wonderful techniques. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...