Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Birthday To You

Good morning! I'm excited to show you this card today because I love it so much! I had a sassy friend in mind when I made this, it fits her personality so well. Nothing says sass to me better than black,white,pink and orange!


I used a mix of papers from My Mind's Eye along with a sentiment from JustRite's set Friends Antique Labels One. The sentiment is stamped onto a Spellbinders Layered Tags One die cut and decorated with some pink and black enamel dots. I used some black silk ribbon from May Arts and tied it around the card. Then I created a bouquet of assorted flowers and berries as my focal point. A bit of MayArts
black and white chevron ribbon finishes it off and brings some interest to the floral spray.

I based the layout of my card on the first challenge at Seize The Sketch and the color inspiration came from the challenge at The Ribbon Reel.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great week! Oh, and if you haven't already, I would LOVE it if you would check out my brand new Facebook page. You can hop over from the widget in the right sidebar. All of my blog updates will be posted there as well as other cool stuff I may run across in my travels. Don't forget to "like" me!♥



19 comments:

  1. Awesome card!!! That little bouquet of flowers is just beautiful!! Your friend is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! It really matches the pillow well. I went and liked your fb page. You know I am a fan of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristi, Thanks for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments on my card today!! Your card is gorgeous and you totally rocked the inspiration photo!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah great card! Sassy and beautiful, full of enjoyment. Heading to FB to make a formal declaration of Like! Lol have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, and I agree what others have said in posts above me. Fabulous job matching your inspiration photo. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous take on the inspiration photo and the sketch! Sassy indeed, this card is gorgeous! LOVE the flowers mixed with the graphics of the chevron ribbon and chevron paper. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Kristi. In my opinion, the best card entered in The Ribbon Reel Challenge by a LONG SHOT! Just sayin!
    SO pretty!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Kristi, your friend is going to love this beauty!!! I love the color combo, sassy and all!! A beautiful creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Scrap! This just rocketed to the top of my favorite Kristi cards! I am astounded by how fabulous those colours are together, but not even a little surprised that you totally ROCKED the card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just adore your flower cluster Kristi! You have the prettiest pretties! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous card Kristi. Each card is prettier than the last.
    Happy Crafting to your week.
    Hugs...Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Gorgeous take on the challenge! Love the paper you used and the fabulous cluster of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sweet lady! Gorgeous boquet - the black satin bow is so lush with the colorful blooms and sprig! I hope you are trying out for the Shabby Tea Room DT - you would rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, this IS beautiful, Kristi!!! Love your pretty bouquet and chevrons!!! Thanks for playing along at TRR!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just gorgeeous Kristi, I love the flowers and little berry embellishments!
    Tanks for joining us at TRR!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woo-who!!!! You won! Congrats, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great mingling of sketch and color challenges -- and what a WOW card, Kristi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card!! I love the colors, they are so vibrant... And the flowers look perfect together. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...