Monday, August 26, 2013

Make Today Beautiful....Make It Monday 135 At The Kraft Journal

Happy Monday my friends! It's time for a new challenge at The Kraft Journal. For this week's challenge we would like you to be inspired by your favorite designer:  Make a project in their style or pick a specific project of theirs to use for inspiration. Remember to use something kraft or anything  purchased at The Kraft Outlet store.


I have so many designers that I admire, some may be well known to you and others are my crafting friends. For my card this week, I chose to be inspired by the wonderfully shabby chic style of Cherry Nelson. Her work can be found on her blog, Cherry's Jubilee. I've been a fan of hers for quite a while and everything she makes is just magic to me!

I started my card with a base made from Buff Ivory Cover Weight card stock and layered vintage inspired papers on top.I die cut a piece of Vintage Dictionary Paper into a label shape and adhered it to the middle. After adding a die cut doily, I then added a stamped label featuring a vintage image of two little girls. I used a white resin frame to frame out one of the girls. After wrapping pink seam binding around the card, I used blue and pink Pastel Hemp Cording to thread the blue button and accent the middle of the bow.

~~Supplies used not listed above~~~
patterned papers, card stock sticker-Melissa Frances (Classic Elegance 6x6 paper pad)
die cut doily-Lifestyle Crafts
label die-Spellbinders (Labels Thirty One)
sentiment stamp-Paper Sweeties
white frame-Martha Stewart Crafts
button-Papertrey Ink
seam binding-Hug Snug


I hope you will join us this week and show us what you come up with! Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kristi! I have not heard of Cherry Nelson but I must pop over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty...love that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful. Love this little frame! Thank you for your inspiration!
    Anna xxx
    Your follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love the little frame. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully pretty!! Love the sweet little image and the frame...sounds like a fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, as always, (and there is that wonderful pink again!!!Smile...
    I bookmarked Cherry's site to peek more later...what fabulous cards she makes...thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Kristi. I joined as a member on your blog a while ago, but I never got informed of posts from you. I see that you have submitted posts, so I decided to rather subscribe by e-mail now, so hopefully I'll be updated when you do posts and not miss out on your lovely work
    .
    This card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! So soft and feminine. I love it!! TFS.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful combination of colour and textures. I love the newspaper label and pink ribbon with button :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so soft ! And so much like Cherry's work, I think you channeled her beautifully. But, I still see a little bit of you in there !! Hugs ! -J-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...