Monday, August 19, 2013

Thank You.....The Kraft Journal 134

Happy Monday! I hope everyone's weekend was great! We've been dealing with a lot of rain this past week and will probably be rained out for the next few days. I've been drying out in my craft room,so it hasn't been all that bad!

I am very happy to announce that I'm officially a part of The Kraft Journal's Design Team! They've welcomed me into the fold with open arms and I am very thankful to be a part of such a great and talented group!



A new Make It Monday also starts today at The Kraft Journal. This week, we're doing a color challenge. Use the colors in the picture below for your creation. Make sure you use kraft card stock or any items purchased at The Kraft Outlet shop.
.
Here is my card based on the inspiration picture:
I started my card with a base made with light kraft  card stock. After layering on some patterned papers and a scalloped die cut, I used a  small glassine bag, filled it with matching sequins and die cut the edge for a lacey look. I punched a hole in the folded over top and used two matching shades of Pastel Hemp Cord to secure it. I then adhered the bag to the front with foam tape,  added a small clothes pin, butterfly, green seam binding and a cute pink felt flower as embellishments. For the sentiment, I stamped a pink banner, adhered it to the front and finished it off with little pearl clusters.


Other supplies used but not listed above:
patterned papers-American Crafts
stamps-JustRite Papercraft
sequins-Hobby Lobby
dies-Spellbinders
butterfly-Martha Stewart Crafts
felt flower-Petaloo
pearls-Making Memories
seam binding-Hug Snug


 I hope you'll join us over at The Kraft Journal and link up your creation! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats Kristi! Great card. Love the bag of sequins and the doily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and welcome to the Team!!!! Looking forward to seeing all your gorgeous projects!!!
    Loving this card! The colors and embellishments are just perfect!!! Awesome take on the color challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder they welcomed you, this is stunning, so pretty, so soft, gorgeous!! I am wondering if I will see you on the Shabby Tea Room design team...I hope so (smile)!! Oh, and congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you...Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Kristi! Looking forward to seeing more of your DT projects. This one is just so gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, Kristi. The colors and the layered bits make a lovely combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to have you on the team! Yay! This is stunning! Your use of the challenge colors is amazing! I can't wait to see what else you have in store! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristi, this is gorgeous! I love that little glassine bag. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card! Love the colours and the pretty design (especially the wee beaded flowers on the sentiment banner)
    Congratulations on the design team gig!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! I love the bag of sequins, what a great idea! Congrats on the DT, they are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO PRETTY! You are so so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guess I'll just 'echo' Sheri -- truer words were never spoken!!! LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Kristi and congratulations!! Your card is absolutely beautiful - I LOVE the little bag with sequins!! Great layering! TFS
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on joining the Kraft Journal design team. Your card is gorgeous. I like the glassine bag with the sequins. Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. I love the pink and blue you are using! I think your blog has been updated since I was here last - it is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...