Monday, September 16, 2013

All You Need Is Love-The Kraft Journal Make It Monday 138

Good Monday morning!It's time again for a new challenge at The Kraft Journal. This week's theme is to make a creation inspired by a song or a book. As always, please use kraft stock or any item purchased at The Kraft Outlet store.

This sentiment stamp caught my eye because it's the title of my favorite Beatle's song. I also wanted to incorporate a vintage sixties feel since this song was a hit in the summer of 1967.

I began my card with a Lunch Bag Kraft stock card base. After mounting patterned paper strips on a smaller panel of Lunch Bag Kraft stock, I adhered it to the card front with foam tape.
After stamping the sentiment on a Lunch Bag kraft banner,I added some black pom pom fringe to the bottom and adhered it to the card with foam dots. I die cut a tag out of C-Flute Corrugated Kraft paper and added a tab from Hodge Podge Magpie Stickers to the side of the tag and mounted it with foam dots.I also added a black seam binding bow and a button strung with Natural Hemp Cord to the top of the tag. To finish my card,I also added a heart die cut from chalkboard style patterned paper, a die cut bird, wood veneer speech bubble, and finally, a felt flower.

I hope you'll come over to The Kraft Journal and link up your creation inspired by a song or a book. I can't wait to see what you come up with! Thank you for visiting me today, I am so happy you stopped by!
Supplies used not listed above--
patterned papers- Studio Calico(Darling Dear)
stamp-Unknown manufacturer
enamel dots-My Mind's Eye
felt flower-K&Company
pom pom fringe-Offray
button-Papertrey Ink
seam binding-Hug Snug
wood veneer speech bubble-Recollections 
bird die-Lifestyle Crafts
 

10 comments:

  1. There you go again with all that glorious layering!! So much to look at, and all so perfectly displayed...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so pretty! Love the black pom poms.
    Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song choice and an equally great card! I think the Beatles would be happy that their song inspired this rocking card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card with wonderful details !

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty....love all the fibers! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is such a fun card, Kristi!! I love all the detail and how you've put all the different elements together. Your card rocks!!!
    Hugz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the papers, the pretty embellishment and I love your inspiration! Those pom pom's rock too I might add!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree, great song choice. Lovely card! I love all the embellishments, esp the bird and the black "ribbon". Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a collection of rockin' retro...love it! Fab papers, bird, wood embellishment, and sweet pom poms! Fab card, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...