Monday, September 23, 2013

Autumn Stag Card-Make It Monday 139 At The Kraft Journal

Happy Monday and welcome to a new challenge at The Kraft Journal. This week's challenge is a color inspiration with some gorgeous fall colors to jump start your creativity!


I started with a Kraft Blank Note Card, then layered some deep red paper and a piece of Lunch Bag Kraft Card Stock stamped with a leaf and acorn themed background stamp.  I wrapped the stamped panel with Natural Burlap Ribbon and made a bow before  adhering to the red layer. I then accented the burlap bow with some fall leaf die cuts,an 'Autumn' stamped tag, and a button threaded with red and green Dark Jewel Hemp Cording. The deer head die cut is the finishing touch and also the focal point. This masculine card would be great for that special man in your life with an Autumn birthday.

I hope to see you over at The Kraft Journal this week! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Supplies used not listed above~
card stock-Bazzill Basics (red,brown)
background stamp,sentiment stamp-JustRite Papercraft
tag,leaf dies-Spellbinders
deer head punch-EK Success
button-Hobby Lobby

12 comments:

  1. Really pretty! Love the deer head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! The deer is really neat and I think I see a JR background stamp behind it...it looks great!

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, Kristi, this would be perfect for my deer-hunting stepson -- I LOVE that BG and your burlap ribbon bedecked with your always-spot-on cluster of coordinating goodies! You have such a talent for creating just the right touch for each card's theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I know a lot of guys in Pa. that would love that card. Would make them think of hunting season coming up. Those leaves are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...or should I say handsome...lol.....I saw that deer head punch, now wish I had picked it up....I knew it would come in handy and here you are making me want it....wonderfully creative as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning ribbon, twine and leaf treatment - love it with the simple die!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous fall card with deer! And, love the burlap ribbon with leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love the clean layout, it looks lovely that all the embellishments are gathered to the same spot, so pleasing for the eye and shows your pretty designer paper very well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your design! This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute card...Never saw that deer head punch before...makes a great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...