Thursday, September 19, 2013

Happy Autumn

Happy Thursday my sweet friends! I hope your week is flying by and this post is finding you well and in the mood for Autumn. It's still a bit warm down here in the South, but each day it's getting just a little cooler and the sun has taken on it's fall glint. Pretty soon the leaves will start turning and it will be full on fall. The sooner the better!
 My card today is actually a color scheme I've been wanting to try lately. It's sort of a pale, shabby chic look for Autumn. The blues are for the crisp sky that is prevalent now and the browns are for the acorns  the squirrels and chipmunks are  busily collecting for their winter stash.
The Prima  patterned papers I used are from the Nature Garden 6x6 pad. They're not fall papers at all, but with a little ink distressing, I made them work. The stamps I used are a now discontinued JustRite set called Autumn Words.They are  on sale here at an awesome price. No Autumn card would be complete without a little burlap. I found a DCWV stack at my local Joann that is burlap mounted to a paper backing. It doesn't fray and can be die cut easily and crisply as I have done above with a scalloped border die. A few die cut leaves, some ink stained seam binding and a bit of blue tulle and my shabby chic fall card is complete. 

I'm so happy you stopped by today!  If you wish to get a notification of new posts, remember to subscribe to me on your blog reader, by email or like me on Facebook. Some options for these are located in the sidebar to the right of this post. Have an awesome day!




Supplies-
card stock,button-Papertrey Ink (kraft)
patterned papers-Prima
stamps-JustRite Papercraft
dies-Spellbinders
tulle trim-Webster's Pages
seam binding-Hug Snug
ink-Frayed Burlap Distress by Ranger
acorn sticker-Recollections
burlap paper-Die Cuts With A View

I'm also linking up to this week's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge





15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful autumn card! The colors are just lovely. It really does remind me of glorious cool colors of autumn.

    Have a wonderful day, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GORGEOUS treasure of loveliness with your mix of burlap and tulle and gorgeous colors!!! So glad I stopped by today, as I didn't realize that this JR stamp set was still available or that I could get paper-backed burlap -- what a FABULOUS find! LOVE this card, Kristi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning card! Can't take my eyes off the beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful, love the material you have used for your bow. Great details! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous vintage shabby autumn card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous shabby card! The color tones are really pretty and you always know how to embellish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The. Blue used on the card looks soft on my browser, and the total effect, to me, is one of a gorgeous misty Autumn day. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors used on your pretty Autumn card-so pretty. Just found your blog and signed up for emails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful autumn card...love the burlap mounted on "paper"...will have to get me some of that, I love that is isn't frayed....gorgeous with that added bit of blue!!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Pure shabby beauty! Love the colors, burlap trim, and leaves! Very well done...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so, soooooo beautiful, Kristi!! I love the colours and how you've put everything together. I love working with burlap and I would love to get my hands on burlap with a paper backing!! - what a neat cut it gives!!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so stunning. Love the muted look or shabby chic fall look of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristi, I just love all of your textures. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Truly elegant! I love everything about it but particularly the little bits of beautiful blue!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...