Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy Birthday-Justrite Papercraft September Release-Birthday Wishes For You Clear Stamps And Birthday Cake Cling Background Stamp

Happy hump day! I hope you've been enjoying this month's release from JustRite Papercraft. Today's featured stamps are a sentiment set, Birthday Wishes For You and Birthday Cake background stamp. I combined the background with one of the sentiments to create my card for today






I started my card with a very dark charcoal gray card base. I embossed the background stamp in silver onto white card stock and then layered on the base with foam tape. I colored selected areas of the background stamp using a Spun Sugar Distress ink pad and a water brush. The water brush dilutes the ink slightly and gives a nice watercolor effect. I embossed the sentiment in silver onto white card stock,cut it with a Classic Oval Spellbinder die and layered with an Opulent Oval die cut from gray card stock. I finished it off with a gray and pink seam binding bow and gray pearls. The butterfly is one I made with a clay mold and paper clay. I covered it in embossing ink and sprinkled silver embossing powder then I heated it to melt. If you try this, be careful! The powder bubbled when it melted and I thought my butterfly was toasted! Just hold your embossing gun a little farther away and heat it long enough just to melt it and then stop.

The rest of the JustRite design team has some projects to share with you made with today's featured stamps. Follow the links below to visit each one. Be sure to leave them some love!


Thanks for visiting and come back tomorrow for day four of our September release!

8 comments:

  1. Love the card...espceically the butterfly bow! So glad that the butterfly wasn't toasted. :)

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Like the background stamp and sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant and pretty!! Love the new background stamp and I know I 'need" those sentiments!! The butterfly turned out beautifully...thanks for the tip, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Toasted Butterfly! LOL! Such an elegant card with all that gorgeous silver embossing and the soft pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love the colors! More beauty from you and JR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous and glad no butterflies were toasted in the making of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Kristi!! Love the bg stamp and the soft pink you've painted it with. Your butterfly is sooooo beautiful and I like the bows and the lovely little rose!! All in all a great card!! TFS.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...