Monday, September 9, 2013

Happy Birthday-The Kraft Journal Make It Monday 137

Happy Monday!  I hope your weekend was fabulous,the summer is definitely winding down although it's still a bit warm here in Georgia. The spring and summer flowers are fading some here and bright yellow mums made it to each side of my front door this week! I love when it's mum time!

 It's also time for a new challenge at The Kraft Journal. It's a sketch challenge this week. I LOVE sketches and I hope you'll like this week's!


What a great sketch! Using a card base made with Light Brown Cover Weight Stock, I added a black layer before adding the leopard  patterned paper so it would stand out. I added a punched border along the vertical piece for added drama and then tied a fuchsia silk ribbon bow around the piece before adhering it to the card.I stamped the  sentiment on Blackboard Stock paper in white ink and embossed it in white for a trendy chalkboard look.I then die cut the sentiment into a label shape and adhered it with foam dots for a raised effect.Enamel dots were added to the top for a splash of color and shine. Using Kraft Recycled Tissue Paper,  I folded a piece several times and  used a flower die to cut it into flower shaped layers. I poked a small hole in the center of the layers and secured them together in a layered stack with a small brad. To make the flower dimensional, I fluffed and fluffed to bring the layers up over each other and give it a realistic look. I hot glued a floral button to the middle to finish it off and then attached it to the silk ribbon bow. I then added a bit of Pastel Hemp Cord, another flower and a bit of hot pink tulle.

I hope you'll hop over to the Kraft Journal and see what the rest of the design team has created for your inspiration. Join us this week and you may be the one to win some free crafting goodies from The Kraft Outlet Store!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Supplies used not listed above-
black and pink card stock-Papertrey Ink
patterned papers-Heidi Swapp
edge punches-EK Success
label die-Spellbinders
sentiment stamp-JustRite Papercraft
silk ribbon- May Arts
brad-Crate Paper
 blue flower-Recollections
tulle-Hobby Lobby
enamel dots-My Mind's Eye

16 comments:

  1. Oh Kristi...I love that chalkboard! Such a lovely card. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card Kristi! I too love that chalkboard! Gorgeous bow as well! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gasped when I saw this! WOW, girl, this card is stunning! Love the paper, colors and the layered tissue paper! The chalkboard sentiment die cut is super fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous design, your bows & flowers are so beautiful ! Love the leopard spots in the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! Love the chalkboard look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd know this was your card anywhere! The fabulous Kristi bow and the amazing Kristi details are all going full tilt on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW IN YOUR FACE BUT IN A NICE WAY. BOLD BRIGHT AND FUN. JUST WHAT YOU NEED WHEN OPENING A CARD. BRILL JOB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card!!! The chalkboard looks awesome on top of the fun animal print. And just look at your bow and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love the animal print, how awesome is that! I love the chalkboard look and the pink thrown in the mix!

    Didn't know you live in GA, we live in AL...Howdy neighbor!!! If I would have had the energy, I would have done the same thing this weekend with mums. Maybe next weekend!

    TTFN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great bow again, Kristi!! Love the bright pink and your beautiful chalkboard effect. Great flower! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous~gorgeous~gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pure yumminess here Kristi. That animal print with the bright colors is so Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing use of color! The black and kraft with leopard print is stunning with the bold ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a beauty!!! Gorgeous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...