Monday, September 2, 2013

Sweet Little Boy- The Kraft Journal 136 Make It Monday

Good Monday morning everyone! Happy Labor Day to my everyone here  in the States, I hope you've been enjoying a long holiday weekend. It's time for a new challenge  at The Kraft Journal. This week's challenge is simple: in other words, make your creation clean and simple (CAS). Of course, use kraft card stock or anything you've purchased at the Kraft Outlet store.

If you've been to my blog in the past, you may have noticed that CAS is not my signature style! I do like to make cleaner cards from time to time. I hope I didn't go overboard on this one!



 For my CAS card, I started with a card base made from Lunch Bag Card Stock. After another layer of black card stock, I used a script paper from the Kraft And Black Card Stock pad for the third layer. I adhered a black card stock label to the front and topped it with a Mini Burlap Rectangle that is sewed around the edges.For the centerpiece of the card, I made a ribbon using a die cut, Black Chevron Ribbon and an Icon Flatback metal button.  I then die cut a banner from Lunch Bag Kraft Card Stock and used Chit Chat Word Stickers to spell out the sentiment.

I hope you will join us this week at The Kraft Journal. Hop over and link up your CAS creation for the chance to win! See you there!

 

9 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! I think most of us girls at TKJ have a hard time with CAS. I echoed the same thing! Your card is CAS perfect in my book! Love your design and aren't those flat backs awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. W-H-A-T -- Kristi does CAS???!!! Who knew?!!! LOL -- and your CAS card is fabulous!!! I should enter, as it's impossible for me to do layered, clustered and beyond GORGEOUS -- you know, your signature style!!! ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Love love love this!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card! Great way to use burlap paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No- you did not go overboard! I really like it. Such a cute boy banner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful understated male card. Love the textures. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done....I find CAS hard at times, but I think you rocked it my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Believe me, most of my cards are NOT CAS cards either. I have such a difficult time with them. I so admire those that cardmakers that make such wow cards that are only one layer, etc.

    Your card is fantastic! I like silhouette cards...a favorite of mine. I hadn't looked at the Kraft Journal website before. Such lovely cards...I have it bookmarked to look at better later. Till trying to catch up on my posting and commenting from being away from my home for over 5 days...Hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black is looking stunning with kraft! I love the style of this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...