Monday, October 14, 2013

BooTreat Box-Try Something New At The Kraft Journal

Happy Monday morning! It's also Columbus Day here in the United States so I hope you're enjoying a Monday holiday! It's a new challenge at The Kraft Journal and the theme is to try something new.
 My something new would be to break out of making cards, and think inside the box, a treat pillow box! I really don't make too much packaging, although this project was a blast to make and I can definitely see making these for Christmas too.
This project was a real challenge to photograph, the tag does say "Boo", of course the majority of the "B" is not showing. :(

I started by cutting out a pillow box from a cut file I found at the Silhouette store using Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock. this card stock is flexible, yet sturdy and makes great boxes. I made a sleeve for the box with patterned papers and burlap paper cut with a scalloped edge die. I stamped the 'Boo' sentiment onto a Blackboard Tag and embossed  it in green. I used a bit of cord from Dark Jewel Hemp Cord and some from Pastel Hemp Cord and tied it through the hole in the tag and attached it to the box.I made a pleated paper rosette and  added a glittered bat die cut to the center as the finishing focal point.Once you get all your pieces cut,it goes together very quickly.

I hope you'll step outside your comfort zone and try something new and share it with us this week at The Kraft Journal. Don't forget, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope your week is wonderful!
 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The box could be the gift never mind what's in it ! What a wonderful way to receive some Halloween treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too FUN, Kristi!!! Love the way you decorated your pillow box with that scalloped burlap, rosette, bat & tag. I can totally see these decorated for Christmas too and as Shirley said, the box is a gift regardless of the contents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a treat for the eyes. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to do this, as a goodie package for my upcoming holiday entertainment. So so cute ! Hugs! -J-

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Love all the fab texture as usual!
    Cheers,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, Kristi! I hope the recipient takes care in opening it so the adorable decorations aren't affected! This would make a darling little decoration for Halloween year after year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, this is so cute, Kristi!! Love all the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous BOO treat box, Kristi! Love all the texture and sweet layers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute! Sweet little pillow box and I like the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! All the right details! Great job on this, glad to see you have a Silhouette, don't you love it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable Halloween treat box. And there you go again with all those gorgeous layers!! Love every little piece of it!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Scrap ! Kristi, this is just too darn cute for words!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...