Monday, October 21, 2013

Halloween Greetings-The Kraft Journal Make It Monday Challenge

Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was great! We are finally getting some cooler weather here in Georgia! Fall is finally here, thank goodness! We're kicking of a new Make It Monday challenge at The Kraft Journal. This week is a color challenge and yes, it's fall colors! Make a project using the colors included in the graphic below. It doesn't necessarily have to be a fall or Halloween themed project, but if you need an excuse to,go right ahead!
 My  Halloween card is chock full of items from The Kraft Outlet! I was able to literally interpret the picture part of the challenge by using a sticker from Tim Holtz's Seasonal Salvage Stickers. The first step in building my card is to start with a base made from Brown Kraft Cover Weight Card Stock. After layering on the patterned papers as shown, I built my focal point by layering a Burlap Rectangle under a label die cut from Chalkboard Stock and then the cute pumpkin sticker mentioned above. After adhering it to the right top of the card, I added a black and orange seam binding bow to the left side.I accented the bigger bow with a smaller one made from Black Chevron Twill Tape and some button strung with orange hemp cord from the Brights Hemp Cord pack and black from the Earthy Hemp Cord Pack. The Halloween sentiment sticker was placed along the bottom and is also from The Seasonal Salvage Stickers collection.

I hope you'll join us this week at The Kraft Journal and show us what you make! Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday.

Thanks for coming by today, Have a great week!
Supplies used not listed above-
Patterned papers,Halloween 6x6 pad by American Crafts
Dies-Label-Spellbinders/ Scallop-Taylored Expressions
buttons-Making Memories, Papertrey Ink

5 comments:

  1. Lovely fall.halloween card!! I think you need to give us all "layering lessons 101", as yours is perfect everytime, and all I draw is a blank!! Love how you tucked in your addition of the blue, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this....reminds me that I have some TH vintage Halloweeny stuff I need to break out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful atumnal piece. Love the rich colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shabby and vintage autumn card...love it!!! Another fab card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...