Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Rustic Fall Damask Thank You Card

Good morning, my crafty readers! My card today was commissioned by my father in law. He had a recent stay in the hospital and wanted a thank you card to send the nurses that took such good care of him. I went a little masculine and since it's fall, I used browns,tans and creams to match the season.

I hand stamped the brown damask on kraft card stock using the damask stamp from JustRite Papercraft's set, Elegant Corners. This set was released this month and has many decorative elements you can use to build a wonderful background pattern for your projects.After trimming my damask background to size, I matted in in chocolate brown and adhered it to a 5x7 rustic cream card base.
My sentiment comes from  the Grand Sentiments clear stamps set. I stamped it on rustic cream card stock and cut it with a die from  Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio.I layered the tag over a damask element cut from Spellbinder's Damask Motifs set.I then added a little burlap ribbon through the ends of the tag and secured it with a little hot glue. My finishing touch is a metal embellishment layered with a chocolate pearl brad.
This card was quick and easy to make, with the gorgeous damask stamp you get a lot of drama in one layer. This could easily be mass produced in any color combination and for most occasions simply by switching out the sentiment!

I thank you for stopping by today! Please remember, if you would like to be notified of future updates here or would like to add Kristi's Paper Creations to your blog reader,see the options on the right sidebar. I would love to have you as a regular reader and friend. Have a great day!


12 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful & elegant design and I love the rich earth tones. The die cut in the center matches so well and the charm is gorgeous. Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant and amazing card, the middle decoration is the highlight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty...I love kraft and black together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice of you to make this card for him! It is a great masculine card. I bet the nurses loved it and appreciated it.

    I hope he is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Kristi!! Love the metal embellishment and the burlap ribbon and the BG stamp is really great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful, Kristi! How sweet of you to make a thank you card for your father-in-law for the nurses! I'm sure they will appreciate it! And, I hope you father-in-law is feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the elegant style of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stamping! I love the elegant look of this card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very classy and elegant, yet still masculine. Simplier than your regular style, but still really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...