Monday, October 7, 2013

You're Old School And Cool-Make It Monday 141 The Kraft Journal

Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was nice. We've been having some beautiful,but warm days here in Georgia. Summer seems to want to linger for a while longer,but the crisp blue sky gives the days an Autumn feel. I'm hoping for some cooler temperatures very soon.
It's a new week and a new challenge at The Kraft Journal. This week's theme is to use bows,buttons,or bangles on your creation.Also remember to use either kraft or any item that you purchased at The Kraft Outlet store.
 For this week's challenge, I made a vintage style card. I started with a card base made from Brown Kraft Cover Weight Stock. I added a layer of black card stock and layered on some vintage inspired papers,rounding all  corners. After wrapping a black and white gingham ribbon bow around the card, I stamped and embossed the sentiment in white on a Black Board Tag. After adding a bit of ribbon through the top hole of the tag,I rounded the corners of the tag and adhered it to the card with foam tape.I then embellished the top of the tag with an assortment of flowers,buttons threaded with Pastel Hemp Cord,and sequins.

Don't forget to link up your creation this week, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday. I can't wait to see what you make!
Thanks for coming by, have a great week!


Supplies used not listed above:
black card stock-Papertrey Ink
patterned papers,pink button-Jenni Bowlin Studio
ribbon-Offray
red button,butterfly brad-Crate Paper
white flowers-Recollections
pink flowers-floral supply
sequins-Hobby Lobby

10 comments:

  1. Super cute, Kristi! I hope I can play this week! It's cooler here today; we are going to get some rain finally, and I am watching the leaves blowing off my maple tree right outside my window! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card, love the pink and black!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the pink and black, the gingham ribbon, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Kristi, I love all the details & the LO :o)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi, such a wonderful mix of elements in this creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card with those lovely layers and embellishments!! I want to come to your house and "snoop" thru all your embellies...as you have such good ones...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card, look at all those unique embellishments and that fun paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layers and use of embellies~!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, another great card, Kristi!! I love the vintage feel and all the lovely embellies!! Great bow and I love the kraft base. Lovely!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Retro cool card! I stared at the image just to take in all of the details. You really put a lot of thought into the details...they fit the theme so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...