Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall Leaves Are Nature's Glitter- Paper Sweeties November Inspiration Challenge

Happy November!  I hope your Halloween was frightfully fun! We head way into the holiday season with Thanksgiving coming this month and then Christmas! This is the most favorite time of the year for our family! It's time for a new monthly inspiration challenge at Paper Sweeties! It's also my debut challenge as a member of the wonderful design team.


Fall cards are one of my favorites to make, so I decided to create a leaf "bouquet" card.

This card was made from  a digital cut file I purchased from The Silhouette store. I made the card base approximately 5x7 inches. I then cut three more in descending sizes and layered them on. I even dry embossed a few of them for texture. I found some glittered leaves in my stash that matched the colors and built up the bilk of the arrangement with those and some die cut leaves from various patterned papers. Once I was done with the leaf arrangement, I added ribbon bows from green silk,linen and Lacey Blueberry seam binding from the Paper Sweeties store. I attached a tag to the leaf stem that I stamped with a sentiment and leaf stamp from the Give Thanks set that was released in October.

I'm also using this card as part of the fall decorations on the sideboard in my foyer. Here's a picture I took last night while we were waiting for trick or treaters.

I hope you'll join us this month and link up you creations! The challenge will run for the entire month. You can play along as many times as you wish — the more times you play, the more chances you have to win! The challenges will end at 12 pm EST on the last day of each month. The new challenge will be revealed on the 1st of each month. The winner of the previous month’s challenge will be announced on the 1st of each new month, will win a $20 gift certificate to the boutique and will be invited to Guest Design with the Sweeties next month!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation for the first day of the month and your first "debut" with Paper Sweeties...I think you did them proud!! A perfect home décor piece...thanks for sharing your picture, I love being "nosey" inside someone's home..lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous fall card with all those leaves! It makes for a lovely decoration on your table next to the pumpkins! So creative and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How gorgeous is this? A bouquet of beautiful leaves in all sorts of prints patterns and textures! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So neat, love the leaf bouquet card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just loved your fall card it so sweet and yes the gillter pops on the leafs ty so much for shareing i haveing fun blog hoping and pinning great things .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable bouquet card I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!! The texture, patterns and colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those leafs are so beautiful, Kristi - what a great idea!!! Love all the colours and textures!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful leaf bouquet! I also love Fall, the cooler air and beautiful leaves are so wonderful. Your goodies look tasty:) Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So incredibly AWESOME !! I adore the leafy layers !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...