Monday, November 25, 2013

Give Thanks- The Kraft Journal Make It Monday 148

Happy Monday and welcome to another Make It Monday Challenge at The Kraft Journal blog! This week's challenge is So Thankful. Create a project or cad with the theme and be sure to include a kraft item or anything that can be purchased at The Kraft Outlet store.
For this week's So Thankful challenge,I  made this quick and easy Thanksgiving card. I started with a base from Lunch Bag Cover Weight Kraft Card Stock. After scoring and folding ,I adhered a strip of wide chevron ribbon across the center using wide red line tape. I stamped a wreath onto a Small Glassine Bag, filled it with sequins and glitter in fall colors and stitched around the edges for contrast. After stamping a sentiment on Lunch Bag Kraft Cover Stock ,I die cut it into a banner. Using Natural Burlap Ribbon,I fashioned a relaxed bow, frayed the ends,and adhered it to the card with hot glue as shown. After threading a pumpkin button with some hemp cording from the Dark  Jewel Hemp Cord pack,Kristi adhered it to the center of the bow.She added the sentiment banner to the bow using a Memo Pin.I finished off my card by adding another hemp cord threaded button  to the center of the wreath.

I hope you'll use the inspiration for your project and link back to us at The Kraft Journal blog.Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday. Hope to see you there!
Supplies used not listed above-
Chevron ribbon-Offray
wreath stamps-Papertrey Ink
sentiment stamp-JustRite Papercraft
pumpkin button-Hobby Lobby

6 comments:

  1. Love this...one of my favorite PTI sets! So nice for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi- this card is really too cool. I am totally digging how you used the glassine bag! What a fabulous idea and the image on the front really completes the card. Love it!!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful!! Love the stitching on a card, I think it adds so much detail, and this draws the eye right to the pretty wreath!! I have been looking for some glassine bags, so thanks for the link!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is stunning my friend! You really know how to showcase those fabulous products from The Kraft Outlet!!! I knew you would! Awesome! I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty, Kristi! Love how you incorporated the glassine bag, so creative! The wreath and ribbon treatment is so lovely, too! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this -- that sweet little wreath (which reminds me of a couple I love that I've not used in years!) and that fun little glassine bag -- Sooo CUTE!!!

    I hope you & yours are safe & warm this Thanksgiving and that you have a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! :~)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...