Monday, November 11, 2013

Thankful For Home- Make It Monday 146 At The Kraft Journal

Happy Monday! It's a new week and a new Make It Monday at The Kraft Journal blog. This week's challenge is to use any sketch, and remember to use kraft in your project or anything that can be bought from The Kraft Outlet store. Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, Ive made a card showing my gratitude.
 The sketch I used is the current Deconstructed Sketch, that can be found here.

I started with a Blank Kraft Note card as the base. I layered  patterned papers and added some stitching in brown thread. I cut a long strip of Kraft Recycled Tissue Paper,cut it into a fringe and added it to the bottom of the card. I scrunched it with my fingers to give it a fluffy appearance. The focal point of this card is a 'Home' flashcard sticker from Hodge Podge Magpie Stickers. I also used some word stickers from Chit Chat Words to build the rest of the sentiment. A layered pumpkin sticker was added to the left of the focal sentiment and a Clock Face Icon was added for interest. I added a bow made from Kraft Wraphia Ribbon and checked fabric ribbon to the top and adhered a metal acorn sticker embellishment to the center. A small wood leaf adds the final touch.

 I hope you'll link up with us this week! Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday.

Have a great week and I'll se you over at The Kraft Journal!
supplies used not listed above-
patterned papers-Studio Calico (Autumn Press 6x6 pad)
layered pumpkin and acorn stickers-Recollections
checked ribbon and orange opaque jewel-Hobby Lobby
wood veneer leaf-Prima

 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the theme and the fringe! Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Kristi! What a great challenge and I love all your little elements...especially the fringe! Oh, and the papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially like the tissue paper fringe. I used paper & put thru the crimper & shredder.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You continue to surprise with your layering abilities, such a wonderful sense of design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Super cool bow. Check
    2. Fab patterned papers. Check
    3. Really interesting details. CHECK !
    4. Rocking take on a sketch. Check
    Hmm... Let me guess... It's got to be a Kristi card !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty fall card...love all the stitching...and all your pretty elements you have used, and the fringe is a perfect addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love everything that is going on on this card, Kristi!!! Such lovely colours and great papers you've used and a stunning bow, again!! Great fringe of tissue paper!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fringe is totally awesome! I am do going to try that!

    Fabulous card. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...