Monday, December 9, 2013

Make It Monday 150 At The Kraft Journal

Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was wonderful! Christmas is in full swing at my house. We're in the midst of decorating,shopping and going to parties. This time of year is really the best! Speaking of Christmas, it's time for a new challenge at The Kraft Journal. This week's theme is holiday gifts. I've put together a sweet little gift box using items from The Kraft Outlet store.

Who wouldn't want to get a gift in this awesome little gift box? I've taken some pictures of how I put this box together to share with you today.

I started with with a 3x3x2 kraft box. It comes flat,so it's easy to stamp on before you construct it. I used the snowflake stamps from Justrite Papercraft's Christmas Inner Thoughts cling stamp set. I stamped them with Versamark ink and embossed them with white embossing powder.


 Here's how it looks after I put it together.
Some of the embossing powder stuck,but it lends to the handmade look!

I stamped my tag with a sentiment from the Christmas Inner Thoughts set on Blackboard Stock Paper, embossed it with white embossing powder, then die cut it with a Spellbinder's Labels 25 die.


While the tag was still on the die,I traced around the inside of the die with a white ink pen to make a border in the shape of the die. I used an ink dauber and some white ink and gently smudged a bit around the tag to give it a chalkboard look.


 Ok, now, on with getting this box put together! I found a cute Santa image sticker from Seasonal Salvage Stickers and added him to the top of the box. You don't see it on the finished product,but it will be a little surprise for the recipient to discover.


 Now it's time to add the gift! I used  some Kraft Recycled Tissue Paper to cushion the contents.
some yummy polishes for my daughter!

Now to wrap it up in some beautiful ribbons, bells and baubles! The red and white ribbon was purchased at Target. I also added a bow made from Kraft Wraphia Ribbon. I strung the bells and sentiment tag together with some red hemp cording from the Dark Jewel Hemp Cord Pack and strung it through the ribbon bow to attach it to the box. I also added a little wooden snowflake to the back.
I decided not to use the little ornaments pictured below, they were a little too big. Oh well, maybe I'll use them on the next project!
 Here's another look at the finished project:
Back View



 Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday. Hope to see you there! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

14 comments:

  1. Just adorable! I love the kraft box and the chalkboard tag! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous box, Kristi. The tag is wonderfully done and the wood snowflake and bell are great embellishments. love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the most charming boxes I think I have ever seen ! So so cute - I don't think I could bear to open it. Well done ! Hugs! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty box...thanks for sharing the great instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming is right! How lovely would it be to receive a gift wrapped up so beautifully!? Just love this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute gift box.....too pretty to even open!!! You are right, it is a busy season for sure...hope I can find some time to join in this week...have a wonderful week my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, what a pretty package with goodies inside! Love all the snowflakes, bells, and lovely ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute box! I love how you decorated it. Have a Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is so very pretty! I love every bit of love you added! Such thoughtful details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My iPad doesn't want to let me comment :-(.

    This is a beautiful way to give this gift. I picked up some nail polish tonight and plan on making little gift bags to give as gifts to my in-laws. I love your box! Super impressed with the stamping! I would never attempt that! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, Kristi. I am slightly obsessed with jingle bells (the embellishments, not the song!) at the moment, love the combination of kraft, stamping, ribbon and bells on this. Any gift would look good in this box.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Christmas gift box and tag Kristi! I am sure the recipient will love it all! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your little box & what great how to photos! I want to feature your project for upcoming Trendy Tuesday post for the blog at Paper Crafters Library (last minute Christmas crafts). You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image will credit you & link back to your blog (and to the Kraft Journal) as well. If you do not wish to be featured, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...