Monday, December 2, 2013

Make It Monday Challenge149 At The Kraft Journal

note: If you're here for the Paper Sweeties December release blog hop, please scroll down♥

Happy Monday once again and welcome to a brand spankin' new Make It Monday challenge at The Kraft Journal! This week is a sketch challenge, my favorite! Use the sketch below and be sure to include a kraft item or something that can be purchased at The Kraft Outlet store on your creation.
Here's the sketch:




Here's what I came up with:
My card began with a base made from Lunch Bag Kraft Cover Cardstock. I distressed the edges and layered a red and cream reindeer themed paper on top. I die cut a Christmas ornament shape from a  Vintage Dictionary Page and some patterned paper,then layered them onto the middle of the card. I punched a gold reindeer silhouette from gold glittered paper and layered it on the middle of the card with a foam dot. Then I added a sentiment built with Chit Chat Seasonal Word Stickers. For the finishing touch, I made a bow from red and green cord from the Dark Jewel Hemp Cord pack,then attached a cute wooden snowflake to the middle of the bow. I really liked how it turned out, it's a good combination of rustic and elegant!

 Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday. Hope to see you there!


4 comments:

  1. Love your approach to the sketch! Love the reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy card! The base paper is too cute and I like seeing the reindeer punch again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, that golden glitzy deer image really brings out the holiday feel in this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty use of the paper...wow...love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...