Saturday, December 21, 2013

May This Season Sparkle With Love And Laughter

Happy Saturday! It's the final weekend before Christmas and we are almost ready for Santa's visit! I've been making some last minute Christmas cards for family and friends. Here is a little shbby chic number I made the other day.
I'm not sure I'm willing to give this one away! I really fell in love with it. I don't know if I've ever shared my card making process with you, but I really have no process. I let my supplies guide me, and build it as I go along. This card started with the poinsettias I made with my Layered Poinsettias Spellbinder dies. All of flowers and leaves were sprayed with a gold color mist for sparkle. I wanted to make a shaped card, so I made a card base from my Grand Labels Four Spellbinders dies.After that, I chose patterned papers to layer; they're a mixture of American Crafts and Melissa Frances. I cut the out with Labels Four in a smaller size. My beautiful gold embossed frame and sentiment stamps are from JustRite Papercraft's Christmas Vintage Labels Four.I die cut the frame using the coordinating JustRite Custom Spellbinder die, Vintage Labels Four. I took some cream seam binding and sprayed it with more gold mist and dried it with my heat gun to save time. After adhering the card together, I found some cool gold beaded garland in my bling drawer and twined it into the flowers.
Here's a closeup of the sentiment and flowers.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

12 comments:

  1. Totally fabulous Kristi, love the pretty blooms and lovely papers! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kristi! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for not wanting to give it away, Kristi! That's not a card, it's a work of art!! Happy Holidays! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Kristi! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful, Kristi! Love all the layering for the flowers! Very pretty paper and embellishments! Merry Christmas to you and family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Beautiful...I've had a few that I didn't want to part with either...but yours are a work of art...I can really understand why you don't want to part with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful, Kristi! The layered poinsettias are stunning, definitely a sparkling Christmas card!!!
    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Kristi, I can see why you don't want to give it away...would make a lovely ornament or package tie on too. The colors you choose are so soft and pretty!! Have a wonderful Merry Christmas my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kristi,

    Wishing you and your family a magical Christmas filled with love and laughter. Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year. Thank you for your friendship and for sharing your creative projects with us. Your card is such gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas!Beautiful project ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Breath taking...I wouldn't give it away either. Sooooo beautiful, the colors, the details...AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...