Monday, January 6, 2014

Butterfly Kisses- JustRite Papercraft January Release

Happy Monday and welcome to another day of the January release release from JustRite Papercraft. Today, we're showcasing 2 new mini cling sets, Butterfly Kisses and Whisper Secrets. These two sets coordinate to give you a large sentiment and matching large image for cards,scrapbook pages,mixed media and home decor projects. I made an elegant one layer card for you today.
This card is super simple to make and the large butterfly image has so much impact that a lot of layering and embellishment isn't really needed. I made a simple top fold card from rustic cream card stock. I stamped the butterfly image  on the top center with Versamark ink and embossed it in gold. I used the large label die from the Cupcake Stand JustRite Custom Spellbinder die set, centered it over the butterfly image and ran it through my Grand Calibur machine using only the base plate, embossing pad and pink embossing plate. If you have a different machine,just use the embossing sandwich recipe. While my die was still taped in place, I used an embossing pen and traced around the outside of the die. After removing the die, I then embossed the line with gold embossing powder. I created the sentiment tag using Versamark and gold embossing powder just like the butterfly. I wrapped some cream silk ribbon around the card at the bottom, tying it into a simple bow. I used some thin gold satin ribbon.to tie the tag around the bow and then added the little gold embellishment to the center. The gold embossing is so difficult to photograph, but it's really stunning in person!























The JustRite design team has some beautiful projects today for your inspiration with these two sets. I hope you'll visit them. Use the links below to hop around and see what they've made for you.

In case you haven't heard, there's a sale going on right now! See the graphic below for the details!

Thanks for coming by today, be sure to visit JustRite's blog tomorrow for the last installment of the January release! Have a nice week!


5 comments:

  1. Stunning card and love the idea of the embossing pen around the outside of the die; really must give that a go. Thanks for sharing, Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That butterfly is really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE butterflies, so of course I LOVE your card!!! You are so right...you don't need a lot of embellishments for this one!! It is stunningly perfect the way you've created it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and like your colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...