Saturday, January 11, 2014

I'm Just A Phone Call Away

Happy Saturday to all! The weather is terrible today here, we're expecting a day full of thunderstorms. I plan on spending my time crafting hopefully! I hope your Saturday will be equally crafty! Today I'm sharing a card with a telephone theme. When is the last time you've seen a dial phone? I usually see them on Etsy or Ebay under the "vintage" category. Talk abut feeling old! I used the Call Me Soon stamp set from Justrite Papercraft.

  I found the phone receiver cut file in the Silhouette Online Store. The dial was die cut with a circle spellbinder die. I used Glossy accents on each button to give it a shiny and plastic finish, it didn't photograph well and is much bolder in person. I used some cute American Crafts paper. Don't you love the speech bubbles? I really like the unusual color combination the papers have. I think this is the right combination of cute and nostalgic.
Thanks for stopping by today! Thank you for all of your visits and wonderful comments, I do appreciate them! Have an awesome weekend!

5 comments:

  1. That is a really cute vintage card! And I wouldn't feel old about the phone. I guess many people would feel old if they remember using a "non-smart" cell phone. :)

    Enjoy your time in the crafty room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card...very nicely done...Oh I remember those phones too well...much easier to just push a button. now ..I'm still behind the times because I only have an ordinary cell phone...no texting feature or internet, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, very nice Kristi! This is quite lovely! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing telephone and it brings back memories of the old dial phones. I love how you matched such different patterned papers and came up with a gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those talk bubbles and the phone...ingenious and subtle at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...