Thursday, January 23, 2014

Love You Much Valentine Card -Paper Sweeties Designer Spotlight!

 Good morning my sweet friends! I'm this month's Paper Sweeties Spotlight Designer and I have a new card to share with you today. Since Valentine's Day is around the corner, I decided to make a card for my sweetheart!
I actually had two objectives in mind with the design of this card. One was to use an atypical color palette for a holiday card. Most Valentines are red and pink, but I added a bit of aqua to add interest and catch the eye. The second objective is to show you how you can combine different stamp sets to create a unique project and get more mileage out of your stamp collection.
My post card base was created using Vintage Holiday Post Cards,which is a Christmas set,but really it can be used any time. The main sentiment is from the SoSweet Of You set. The birdcage postage set comes from Happy Wishes and the heart image is from Fun Shapes. Of course a Valentine would not be a Valentine without lots of sparkle! I added some chunky glitter all around the edge,a silver glittered heart, and a jeweled flourish. The bow cluster is made from crinkled seam binding in Oatmeal , Robin Egg and Baby Pink Berry.

If you haven't yet discovered Paper Sweeties, I encourage you to visit the shop here. There is a wonderful array of sweet stamps, matching dies,crinkled seam binding,baker's twine and lots of other goodies for your paper crafting projects!
Thanks for stopping by today!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my shabby goodness, Kristi ... simply stunning! What delicious eye candy you have included on this gorgeous card, and your combination of all those stamped images is pure perfection! Your sweetie will surely appreciate the time and effort you put into this work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is a wowzer! So romantic and beautifully done. I love every single detail here. Thank you for your inspiration!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the aqua color. Also the chunky glitter along the outside is really eye catching. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much yummyness, very beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another very pretty one! Hope you're staying warm, we're freezing to death.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pastel perfection Kristi! I adore square cards, and romantic layers too! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Total perfection! Love this style, and you do it best !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristi this is gorgeous! Love all of your vintagey shabby chic layers. And the sparkle...swoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh this one is fab-YOU-lous. Gorgeous design again Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, you checked the block on shabby goodness! Beautifully done and I love the sets you used! So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! So pretty! And you so right...this looks fabulous in the non traditional colors. Really works!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so gorgeous Kristi! I'm sure it will be treasured. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Romantic card, I love the colors and the flowers look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Kristi, this is sheer PERFECTION! I pinned it before even commenting! LOVE the unique color combination, and you've combined those stamps beautifully! Love your choice of papers, love that marvelous triple bow combination, and I LOVE your choice of embellishments, including the delightful glitter around the outside edges! Truly a stunning work of art. I hope your sweetie displays this on his desk all year 'round!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous...beautiful colors and how creative to use a stamp from a Christmas set....makes me want to look threw mine and see what I have I can use....stunning my friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...