Monday, January 20, 2014

Winter Wonder-Make It Monday At The Kraft Journal

Happy Monday! It's time for a new challenge over at the Kraft Journal blog. This week's theme is 'Winter Blues'. Interpret the theme in your own way and don't forget to use a kraft item or anything that can be purchased at The Kraft Outlet shop.
My card for this week's winter blues challenge features some of her favorite things, birds and snowflakes! I started with a base made from Buff Ivory Cover Weight Card Stock. I layered on a dark blue panel and then two patterned patterned papers that were joined in the middle with a star punched border piece made from Buff Ivory Card Stock. I then used some cream seam binding and tied a bow around the middle of the card, securing it to the left side. I used some blue cording from the Pastel Hemp Cord  pack and some cream and silver twine from the Metallic Twist Hemp Cord Pack to form two more looped bows and adhered them to the cream seam binding bow. After punching out a snowflake from Buff Ivory Card Stock, I decorated with light and dark blue jewels and adhered it to the center of the bow. I stamped the sentiment on a die cut tag made from more Buff Ivory Card Stock,added two blue jewels to the sides and adhere it with foam dots.
 Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday. Hope to see you there!
supplies used not listed above-
blue card stock-Bazzill
patterned papers-Authentique
snowflake punch-EK Success
star border punch-Martha Stewart Crafts
label die-Spellbinders
cream seam binding-Hug Snug
blue jewels-Recollections

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is so pretty...love those blue hues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy seeing your creations, Kristi! They are always beautiful and happy...this one is no exception!!

    Have a wonderful week! Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. Birds and snow are two of my favourite things, especially the darling little Chickadees, so I just adore this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is breathtaking beautiful! One of our favorite things to do during winter when we are cooped up inside is watch the beautiful birds enjoy the feeder we have hung up in a tree. My husband rigged a pulley system to raise the feeder to our viewing level outside our dinning room. They visit us much more in winter since their food sources are limited.

    Thanks for always sharing your beautiful work and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I just love those background papers....just stunning! You always make me want to buy some more goodies! Lovely as always, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Berautiful card!! Love the snowflake and ribon, colors, love all of it lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your fluffy bow layers. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous - love that beautiful multi-layered bow and the serene blue and cream color scheme. The rhinestones give it the perfect touch of glam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty...love your combo of the creams and blues...and those added sequins are a perfect addition!! You might have inspired me to join in this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I just adore that birdie background paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...