Monday, March 24, 2014

Make It Monday At The Kraft Journal

Whoo Hoo! It's time for another Make It Monday challenge at The Kraft Journal blog! This week it's a color challenge. My second favorite after sketches!LOL. Here is the gorgeous color palette we are working with this week.
What an unusual color combination! I had fun putting together my project for you this week.

My cute little mixed media journal is going on my desk to use when a creative idea strikes me. If I don't write it down right then, it's lost forever! getting older really takes a toll on your memory!
 I began with a Small  Natural Smooth Kraft Journal and layered a piece of butterfly patterned paper on top. Using Chit Chat Word Stickers, I added "my journal" to the bottom right of the journal. I then hot glued some ruffled cotton trim to the left side of the front cover,then tied some Natural Hemp Cord around the front cover and tied it in a bow.I  finished off the journal cover by using some blue cording from the Pastel Hemp Cord pack to attach a metal charm to the hemp cord bow.

   I hope you'll join us this week and link up your projects using the inspiration theme,  use something kraft or any item that can be purchased at The Kraft Outlet store.Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday. Hope to see you there!


Supplies not listed below-
ruffled trim-Michael's
key charm-Prima Vintage Trinkets


6 comments:

  1. Your journal is so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet journal, Kristi! I know what you mean about ideas being lost forever, but I must be older than you as I can't even remember to write them down ! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Kristi!! I love the ruffle trim and the butterfly paper!! Really great!!
    Greetings from Africa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This journal is so special and eye catching you may not remember to write things down because of the distraction. LOL. Oh, sorry I see you tied a string on it so it would remind you to write down what you forgot when you got distracted. Beautiful journal Kristi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe...I hear ya about writing ideas down! Great way to put them all in a journal. Love all the butterflies and pretty trim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Journal...this would inspire anyone...very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...